Porsche 915 Gears on eBay

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
First the disclaimer - I have no idea if these are at a good price or not. Maybe someone else can make that call.

There is a set of 915 racing gears on ebay. Some are Powerhaus II and some are Porsche: click here for gears

I ran the speeds with a 3.88 final ratio and they don't look bad at all: 181mph/6500rpm, 200/7193. I am attaching the rpm/speed tool with the ratios worked out so you can play with it. I only changed the decimal ratios, not the fractional ratios, but those are given in the eBay post.

Hope this can help someone,
Lynn

Attachments

• 28123-eBay915RPM-MPH.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 380
FWIW, thats are pretty decent price. Custom First Gear set ups are typically the beginning price. I've seen that 5th gear set (which is pretty unusual) go for high $. The need for these gear sets in a transaxle with an 8:31 ring and pinion is why lots of guys racing 911's just swap to a 7:31 r&p.

Of course the suitability of these gears for maximizing acceleration for 911's with low torque is vastly different than our high torque motors. All in all, the sets seems quite well priced.

Chuck
Factory 915 with 7:31 stock 1-3, longer 4 and 5, Quaiffe and factory sport oil cooler waiting on a project

Back