Renault LSD

Malcolm

Supporter
I have a genuine Renault Sport LSD for a UN1 gearbox. I beleive Frank Catt sourced this item for Mike Inglis who had Chris Cole put it in a gearbox along with the Derek Bell 1st / 2nd gear conversion kit but it was never run by Mike as he choose a full Quaife box. After sitting under his bench for a while I bought the complete box and switched the diff over to a full quaife unit so I too have never run this LSD. However it was not a new LSD when Frank first found it. I think it may be 15 years old or thereabouts.

It comes with pinion and crown gears as it has a special bolt pattern ie 10 bolts instead of the normal 12 bolts. It is a 3.88 ratio diff.

The gear teeth are in good order. I don't know whether it is a clutch or plate style LSD but I do know that it is not the ATB gear type that Quaife produce.

If you swap the crown and pinion gears over at the same time it should be a one for one replacement exercise.

Price is £450 ono inclusive of crown and pinion gears. I would PX for £375 and a 3.88 crown and pinion gear set with the standard 12 bolt pattern.

I would prefer buyer collects or buyer would have to pay delivery costs if unable to see diff prior to purchase.

Malcolm

PS Renault Sport LSDs are like rocking horse sh*t! Quite rare.

Back