Winged (L-shaped) Dzus fasteners - WANTED

Hi

I'm looking for the fasteners either side of the central NACA duct in this photo. Does anyone have 2 of these (or more?). If so, how much?

Or does anyone know where I can get them from?

Thanks - Rob

Attachments

• 41829-GT40wingedDzusfasteners.jpg
    41829-GT40wingedDzusfasteners.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 338
Hi Rob -

You should be able to get them from:

DZUS Fasteners - Quick release fasteners, quarter turn fasteners ...... Tel: +44 (0) 1252 714422 • Fax: +44 (0) 1252 712738 • Dzus Fasteners, Farnham Trading Estate, Farnham, Surrey GU9 9PL, UK.

They have a minimum order I think and might point you in the direction of a retail outlet although Malcolm has sourced fasteners from them in the past and I think if you mention 'school/college project' it sometimes helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can find the catalogue online at:
http://www.dzus.co.uk/Live/Dzus/CMS.nsf/Site/Home/Products/Catalogue

The one you want is: Quarter Turn Fasteners (2.9mb)

The closest thing they make to the orginal latch is one with a symmetrical wing. You can see it on page 61 (page 54 according to Acrobat). You might be able to make a lever type latch by brazing a lever onto a conventional Dzus fastener (or grinding off half of the wing).

The folks behind Racing Icons show a picture of the fasteners that they fabricated at: http://www.racingicons.com/gt/details.htm

Cheers guys - thanks for your help here - I have at least three sources tracking these down and coming up with prices.

Thanks again.

Rob

Malcolm

Supporter
Only just seen this thread.

My research told me that Dzus don't make exactly what we want. I have sat in their reception for long enough and now they also have minimum order quantities which kind of stops simple savings being made anymore.

However my solution is to buy the regular Dzus clips and then to solder/braze on the shaped wings yourself and then re chrome them.

Hope this helps

What length do you want? I may be able to help. Be aware it makes access dead easy for the dishonest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back