Wanted: V5 registration papers from an old UK Ford

Hi,

a friend of mine needs V5 registration papers from an old Ford car (doesn't matter which type or engine), but must be build and registered in the U.K. between 1963 and 1973.

This is because here in Germany you can get a so called "historic registration" if you have a replica which is U.K. made and you have old papers from a donor car of that age.
This is nearly the only remaining way to get a GT40 street legal here. It's a little complicated to explain, but it's a fact - he did it successfully with his Tornado GT40, and now he want's to do the same with his DAX Cobra.

Does any of the U.K. members have an idea how to get such a registration paper WITHOUT buying a complete car? I contacted some eBay sellers of "scrapcars", but they told me it's illegal to sell this papers without a car or it would be impossible to bring a car to a scrapyard in the U.K. without registration documents.

I don't know if that's true, but have to believe it until I get better information.

Once again: what we need is only the paperwork - not the car itself.

What would be the best, fastest and cheapest way to get this document? It must be within the next 4 weeks, because in 2005 we got new regulations which would make it nearly impossible to get a replica street legal using this detour with old documents.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated - many thanks!

Volker

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ebay.co.uk
and buy an old Ford and have the papers sent by mail and later ask the seller to keep the car for you to pick up at a later date.......whether you do is up to you.....
Just an idea... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's what I thought about...

But one of those eBay sellers told me something about that after buying a car the papers including the adress of the new owner must be send to a "DVLC" (don't know what it is...) and I'd get later new papers from them....

So it seems to be not possible....except I would find a U.K. person who can act this way for me and send me the papers...

Volker

Back