Original Rear Lights

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I have 1 NOS pair and 1 Good Condition pair.
Please message me for details.
These are the original sourced part .These lights include, lens, backplate, sealing ring and gaiter, in other words, the complete unit !

The orignals rear lights, if what I've been told is right, were made by Aric, there are a couple still available that I know of but there a bit expensive. If anyone is interested in a pair feel free to email me and I'll chase them up?

Yep, you've caught me out!
I'm bone idle and very naughty, I'll try to remember not to offer any assistance in future.
(P.S. could someone tell me what DURRRR means?)

Wohoa, thats a strong reply Charlie.
I'd still like to know whether the lights you had were early or late style.
Seems strange you would chase someone off your thread for adding detail, but
wouldn't respond to my question...

Stuart, if you fancy finding outr a bit more info (prices, pictures, etc)
please let me know - via pm is probably best incase Charlie explodes again.

Cheers,
John.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Stuart,
I didnt mean to come over as rude, more like a helpful nudge in the right direction.
Its just thats ive been told that is normal practice here, to start your own thread , if you are offering parts for sale.

John W,
Im afraid i didnt take pictures of them and id likely have problems working out how to post them, if i did, lol, bit of a technophobe there, sorry.
After i listed them as sold, i didnt return to this post as i didnt expect any further comment.

Charlie, no worries mate, John, a few people have emailed about these so I'll 'mail you with details when I have them.

Hi

There were two types of Simca 1000 lights but only one is 'original' GT40. The GT40 used Marchal units, while most of the Simca units are made by Seima.

The Fiat 850/Lancia Stratos lights look similar but have a bigger diameter, and the section is not tapered, so they point downwards when fitted. (The Simca lights are more vertical when fitted because the chrome unit is wider at the bottom than the top). These were only used on the Safir cars.

Hope this helps.

Pedro

Supporter
Simca light on 1075

Attachments

• 78641-rear_light.jpg
    78641-rear_light.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 299
Back