FS 500HP/500TQ Dart SBC, ZF Trans Complete 914 setup

As posted on the 914club site- Thought someone here might want a ZF??

I have bit the bullet and ordered my dream car, an Ultima GTR. I know I won't ever recoup the time and money from the 918 so I've decided to sell everything but the rolling chassis.

Someday my two boys (6 & 8 years) will take on the project and probably drop a nice little six into the car. Plus, if I sell just the drive train I should be able to raise enough monies to finish the Ultima.

That said,

I will consider open offers for all the items required to drop a V8 into a 914. All motor mounts, tranny mounts, half shafts/adapters, complete cooling system, cable shift linkage setup, complete cross-over exhaust system, all required braided lines/fittings/adapters, and of course the entire drive train including:

ZF Transaxle:

KEP bellhousing
Aluminum Flywheel
Clutch Disc
Pressure Plate
Hyd. Slave Cylinder
Proper Clutch Arm/Spacers
High Torque Starter
Tranny/Motor Mounts
Cable Shift Box, Cables, Hardware
930 C/V Hub adapters
930 Half Shafts

Complete 400 Cu/In Dart Racing Engine (w/<1000 miles)

Professionally spec’ed and machined by "Bob Groom Racing Heads"
Dart "Sportsman" block
Fully forged 4340 rotating assembly
Dart Pro1 heads, ported and reseated
Demon race carb
Polished manifold
Full MSD ignition system
Setrab oil cooler and lines
Custom Cross-over exhaust
and much more

The list is long and includes mostly all the best stuff. Basically all I want to retain is the rolling chassis.

It kills me to have to break up the car but I just can't justify owning both an Ultima and 500HP 918.

Rules say I have to list a sell price so I'll initially price the package @ $16K

Please e-mail me for pics.

The car has been running strong all summer and I'd love to take anyone interested out for an eye opening experience.

Thanks,

Chris Julian
[email protected]

Here are two photos.

Please reply if interesed

Thanks,

Chris Julian

Attachments

• Ad 002 Picture 129.jpg
    Ad 002 Picture 129.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,297
  • Ad 003 Picture 129.jpg
    Ad 003 Picture 129.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,242

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Chris,

Can I ask a stupid question? Well, I'll ask anyway: "why not use this in the Ultima??? If it is just because they say, "use a Porsche"; then you might want to talk to some others about this before you up and sell a very nice drive train.

There are ways to adapt a chassis to use either transaxle and it has been done before, so you'll not be blazing new trails. You haven't given us any clue as to where in the world you are, so I am not sure who to tell you to go see. But trust me, brother, it can be done.

By default, I would suggest you talk to Fran Hall at RCR for starters.

Regards,
Lynn

Keith

I'll go along with Lynn on this one. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a SBC motor and the Ultima was pretty much designed around it?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I got up close with an Ultima for about 30 minutes and I can attest that the one I saw was SBC/Porsche G50. The party did not mention a ZF, but of course that doesn't mean it can't be done. However, not knowing how much it might cost to re-engineer the cradle to accept the ZF, it dawns on me that it might be as inexpensive to just switch to the G50 and you would still have a ZF to sell--there seems to be pretty good demand right here on this forum.

I sure wouldn't sell that SBC, though, if an Ultima is your goal. The one I saw fit very nicely and even had a BOS exhaust.

Nice gear all 'round, BTW!!

Doug

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Chris has a technology jones; I think we can all understand that. If he choses, I'll let him explain what he wants to do.

'Nuff said,
Lynn

Hi Guys,

sorry I haven't checked back in while. Do you have some type of automated attendant that can e-mail me when I have a response?

Anyway, the engine package has been sold and a nice new LS7 was bought along with a rebuilt G50/52 thanks to your bud Fran Hall. I can't say enough good things about this guy- just wish I new about him and the T70 or 917 before I committed to the Ultima.

Lynn is right I did the Gen1 thing and need to go high tech and lightwieght this go around.

See what happens when you visit SEMA!!

I am looking to sell the 914 V8 rolling chassis because I just don't have the room. If anyones interested I'll gladely post some pics.

Thanks, Chris Julian

Attachments

• IMG_3519 reduced.jpg
    IMG_3519 reduced.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_3525 resize.jpg
    IMG_3525 resize.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 960
Fran,

I'm shooting for $20K.

The car has many many hours of labor and obviously a lot of pricey components.

I have most everything aside from the motor and tranny.

Chris

Back