Vintage Sponsor Decals & Striping for GT40

Hi guys,

Since having great success and feedback with the GT40 sill stripes I thought it was time to finish a project a started a long time ago. Since graphics are my bag, I have completed a substantial set of decals for the GT40, not that they couldn't be used for other applications. I spent a great deal of time researching all of the graphics I could find and re-created each as correct as possible, even fonts for some that could not be found were created from scratch, same for the numbers. All decals will come in the correct sizes/variations for the period.

The Mk II & Mk IV side decals were created using the same methods, using my MDA for reference to size and layout the graphics correctly. The sill stripes and centre stripes - ditto. I will be offering these, the numbers and roundels in both hi-performance vinyl film AND 3M paint mask for those who want painted graphics. All of the above are CAD designed and digitally cut, the vinyl material is extremely thin, of glossy color, fuel and solvent proof and should last 10 years +.

Pricing and availability will be uploaded onto the Raceline Digital website (RACELINE DIGITAL Boat Graphics and Boat Lettering - Your Graphics SUPERCHARGER) over the holidays, pricing will be as reasonable as possible - and of course, discounts for MDA owners.

Hope you like em' - I'll add more as time permits.

Chris

Attachments

• Display Decals_01.jpg
    Display Decals_01.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,684
  • Display Decals_02.jpg
    Display Decals_02.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,502
  • Display Decals_03.jpg
    Display Decals_03.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,457
  • Display Decals_04.jpg
    Display Decals_04.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,419
  • Display Decals_05.jpg
    Display Decals_05.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,413
  • Display Stripes_01.jpg
    Display Stripes_01.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,543
  • Display Stripes_02.jpg
    Display Stripes_02.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,517
  • Display Stripes_03.jpg
    Display Stripes_03.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,425

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Holy crap! Now I see why you haven't done much on your car in a while. That is a huge pile of work you've done there Chris. Now I'm thinking I need lots of decals on my car. These should help prevent any confusion about whether you're driving a GT or race car. No more "is that thing legal on the street?", now it'll be "that thing can't possibly be legal to drive on the street!"

Soon as I've figured out which ones, I'll e-mail you. All the best for a great Christmas!

Can do a specific theme/team owner if you want something specific. I can setup graphics for Ford France, DAZ (Deutsche Auto Zeitung), etc... just let me know.

Yeah it was put on the back burner for a long time, glad it's finally progressing. Yes, play the mind games for sure - what could be more fun!

All the best Mark and happy holidays!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Ron,

The centre stripes vary in width, it depends on what you want. They range from 12 inches to 4 inch. The stripes are cut in 12ft lengths then separated into a set for the front clip, roof, rear clip. Colors are chosen by you and I will have a list shortly of what's available (even metallics or in 3M Paint mask).

I can customize to whatever you want, no problem as I manufacture graphics for race boats over 40ft!

Chris

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Chris -

Those are awsome! I need that Red Zig Zag arrow too. You should have a number 9 and a number 6 kits just to make things easy :)

Excellent work.

Sandy

Sandy I hear ya and know what you're talking about - can do! What I was thinking of is making a "Gulf Oil Kit" that consists of all sponsors, decals & numbers related to those cars.

I'll put together a few more including your suggestion. If anyone else needs or would like to see any other types, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Chris

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Chris,
Be careful with the "Ford" ovals, they are watching trademarks VERY closely and you DON'T want a call from the lawyers they use!

Suggest perhaps you purchase the ovals from a licensed vendor (Jim Osborn Reproductions, etc. and supply those or leave them out and have the customer procure their own.
Rick

Hi Rick - I definately don't want any trouble from those guys! I purchased a licence agreement to produce the Ford decals and others to cover my ass (although I'm always looking in the rear view because you never know)...

I appreciate the heads-up!

Chris

Hi Rob,

I can get the static material to produce the decals. I'm not big on those but if someone really wants it, I can make them, just let me know. I've never used the static so I'm unsure of how well they stand up to the elements/conditions for short and long term. I say go for it and have some fun with your GT because all of the decals/stripes I offer are removeable, look great and last a long time.

Otherwise - can do.

Chris

Hi Bill - the 3M material is intended for the digital paint mask for painted applications for the sill, center, numbers and roundels - everything else is produced in hi-performance film and (static material, again which I'm not keem on but I can do it).

Chris

Let me say "As a previous customer of Chris, I am very happy with the quality and packaging for international delivery".

Chris can I have a 1076 Gulf sponsor decal set and a pair of 12inch wide white strips?

:pepper: :pepper:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Chris, I did have a question, are these screen printed or are they, well best that I can guess some sort of 'ink jet' like printing. I have some from another fellow that are pretty good, but could be better. Did you have pricing up or still getting that together?

Thanks

Sandy

Hey Don,

I could do the chevron for you, just need a decent reference photo so let me know.

Hi Sandy - these will not be your typical silk-screen printed 'sticker'. type The ones I am making use hi-performance film that have deep UV resistant color, glossy finish and will last a very long time.

Over the holidays I will have all of the pricing and sizes ready to post and I will let you know.

Chris

Back