48 IDA's manifold, spacers

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Due to a rear deck lid problem on my GT40 I am selling this set up, its off the engine and efi is being installed. Was used once on the dyno run. Its a 302 windsor manifold with spacers for the 351 windsor set up. I would like to sell everything including the msd distributer and msd 6-a unit which has spacer for added deck height. The spacer can be removed for 8.2 deck hight motors. email [email protected] Includes jet kit, synchronizer and book.

Attachments

• 427 in car.jpg
    427 in car.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 477
  • transaxle.jpg
    transaxle.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_8963.jpg
    IMG_8963.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_8964.jpg
    IMG_8964.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 457

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What manner of decklid troubles did you have.. How did the 48's work with the 302? Dyno results?
This is a very interesting setup.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
The motor is 427 dart block with 9.5 deck height, the manifold is 302 windsor made for 8.2 deck height, when you use that manifold with 9.5 deck height you have to use spacers which put the webers even higher than a normal 8.2 and 9.5 deck height motor. All that said there isn't enough room for a air cleaner and the fuel lines hit the deck lid when closing. The motor dyno'ed 572 HP @ 5700 502 hp average. Also SPF Mk1 opening for the carbs is offset to the left of center and I don't want to cut the deck lid. Look closely at the pictures and you can see the spacer between the head and manifold. Hope this makes sence, I am bad at explaining things.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jack - I'm pretty interested in buying it.. I'll send you an email and we can exchange phone numbers..

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Great Randy, make sure and put IDA Webers on the subject line, so it will not get trashed. Looking forward to hearing from you. My phone here at the house is 479-787-6299.

Jack

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jack,

Sent you an email -- Weber setup for GT40 (I didn't see your post until now about the subject line) - I'll call you tomorrow.

Wife's got me watching a movie with her and I'm pushing it just playing on the pewter.. :)

Back