ZF 5DS-25 Transaxle On Ebay

Ron Earp

Admin
Glad we could be here to help you out selling your gearbox. Please make sure to come visit us next time you have something to sell.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
One thing that struck me as rather curious about this box was -

If you have ever sand-blasted something, it pretty much all turns the same color.. When you look at these pictures, the steel bolts and alloy case and clutch release bearing etc - all have the exact same sheen and shade to them... That begs the question about it's care over the years (if new and it needed sandblasting to clean up the corrosion)...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
$9100...

I hope the buyer got the deal he thought he was getting... There's been too many shelled out ZFs on the market over the past 5 years to take a chance of that magnitude... Especially since the seller did not own the part - he was selling it for his boss (per email)..

Holy crap! $9100!! Someone must own an oilfield.
I noticed the 'one colour suits all' look. I hope it wasnt a recondition in a spray can!
And it was for an early version too (4bolt mounting, probably a -0 or -1).
A few more grand and the buyer could have had a ZFQ ..... ahhhh the value of auctions huh? !

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Hopefully, the ZF is in perfect condition for the buyer. There's probably some (?) historical value in being able to attach the transaxle to the 60s. Rebuilt the ZF in my Pantera (couple of synchros, a gear, etc.) for about 6K. Labor is really expensive these days and the ZF is not a garden variety transmission\transaxle.

THis was the most original GT40 ZF I have ever seen on ebay and was bought by 1 of my good customers overseas who will be having it shipped to me so I can check it out. There is over $5000 worth of GT40 only parts on this that would be needed to convert any normal ZF and as far as I know not available on any other transaxle. Once again only for the purist or original 2+ million dollar car owner.

Back