Audi 016

I have a Audi 5000 trans (AFC) that is just as ugly as the day I picked it up from the junk yard. I will let it go for $400 but I don't want to ship it. If somebody wants it and is close enough to pick it up let me know. I was going to keep it but I might be moving in a couple of months. I live in Vermilion Ohio 44089
Jeff Hamilton

Last edited:
Jeff, as you probably know, that's a good 016 to have - the AFC ratios are about the best you can get in the US. Freeway speeds are pretty reasonable with about 2,600rpm showing on a 26.6 rear wheel and a theoretical top speed of about 175 at around 6,000rpm. $400 is a very economical price price.

I think Casey Pausch (sp) was after just such a box and he's somewhere in the mid-west also - you can probably find him in the member section somehow.

I know I just want my money back. I'm second in line to be offered some property the wife and I have always wanted. It will cost a few bucks to move across the street (If his uncle don't come up with the money). The bad part is no building until I build one. I have a 40x48 that is full. If I get the property I will find out who my friends are!
Jeff Hamilton

Hi Steve, if you want an 016 box, and Jeff doesn't want to ship his, then let me know - I have several. I'm located in Seattle.

Jeff,
Whar are the ratios on the AFC? I can't find any information on the AFC?

Cliff,
I would like to talk to you, what gear ratio box do you have? I currently have a 016 5N that is 4.11 and would like to have the 3.89 if I can find one.

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve, here's an XLS-based summary of the most common 016's showing ratios and relevant information - courtesy of Ron Earp I believe.

You're right - the 5N has the 4.11 final, and you'd be better off with the 3.89. I have a couple of 3.89 016s here at my house in Seattle. Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss in detail.

Attachments

• Audi Gear Ratios.xls
    73 KB · Views: 244

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Is anyone else getting confused here?

I thought it was Jeff's Ad....
:shout:

Hi Randy, you're right, it's Jeff's ad. You might see above that Jeff indicated he won't ship his 016 - so therefore it doesn't work for Steve (who wants an 016 and happens to live very close to me in WA state). Wanting to help another forum member (Steve) who has a need that Jeff cannot fulfil I suggested that he (Steve) contact me. Seems like a reasonable dialog to me.

Best,

Cliff

Jeff, do you still have your 016 gearbox for sale?

Let me know please.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
(720) 980-9407 cell

Back