Frank Catt solid rod gearshift system

Malcolm

Supporter
I am selling my gear shift mechanism. Frank supplied and fitted his rod change to my car about 7 years ago, and I am now swapping it to put on a Southern GT ZF styled system.

This linkage was made for a Renault gearbox and a GTD chassis. The set up will be complete except the Momo gear knob which I want to re-use, it wasn't part of Franks package! Frank charged me £750 seven years ago, no idea what he charges now but I will accept a reasonable offer, try me, I might say yes!

Haven't got a picture of the gearbox end (my car is away at present so can't get one for now) but here is the gear stick end on my car!

Attachments

• MalcGT40 061a.jpg
    MalcGT40 061a.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
I had three offers in one hour so unless I really screw up here I think it fair to say the system is sold!

So cheer yourself up and buy a set of my "eyebrows" for your doors instead!!!!

Malcolm

Supporter
Wonder what is the historical correct mounting direction of the gurney buble ?

TOM

I think it is as per the pictures in Franks posting.

Guys, do you think Frank will post the price of his eyebrows, now that he has mentioned that he sells GTD ones or do you think we should run a Poll thread to guess how much they are? :)

Hi Malcom,

Since you mentioned that the item was sold, I took a full revision of my actual equipment, so will proceed as such.

Thanks anyhow for your usual support.

Rgds
Fred

Malcolm

Supporter
Well, I don't think I screwed up but each of the three buyers who initially said they wanted the system backed out, one sold his car, one changed direction on his proposed gear shift upgrade and the other disappered into the ether!

So system still available.

Simon, you expressed some interest, still interested? If so, you get first refusal!

PS all eyebrows sold! :)

Back