GT40 Filler Caps

Hi, i have for sale a pair of fuel filler caps, they have been CNC machined and finely polished to give a fantastic presentation.

These are the best reproductions ive seen.

I think the photo's speak for themselves!

The price is £395 for the pair.

Attachments

• Fuel cap1.jpg
    Fuel cap1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 523
  • Fuel cap2.jpg
    Fuel cap2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 426
  • Fuel cap3.jpg
    Fuel cap3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 445
  • Fuel cap4.jpg
    Fuel cap4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 418
  • Fuel cap5.jpg
    Fuel cap5.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Hi scott, please can you advertise your own products under your own for sale threads.

Sorry Scott you are indeed right tho, they are the same CAPS as Tornado offer and i have ammended my listing.

Yes they are £5 cheaper without the VAT, however mine are that price all inclusive.

Last edited:

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Yeah what are you thinking about Scott? Get your own thread.

Anybody would think Tornado Sports cars sponsor the forum in order to promote their products and business.

Just as quick question, just as an observer.

Mudgey are your prices INC VAT?

Scott if you are here in the UK you need to add 15% (as of next week) to the prices. If Mudgey's prices include VAT then in theory they would be £53.50 before postage cheaper.

As I said, just an observation dependant on certain facts.

Brett

Hi Brett,

Because mudgey edited his posts its difficult to understand what is really going on in this thread.

Mudgey had originally posted that his fuel caps were the ONLY ones of that exact type/design and quality available in the UK.

I simply stated that the single pair he had for sale are the exact ones we sell as standard equpment all day long in Kidderminster. Aditionally ours would be 5 GBP less expensive, not including VAT obviously.

The larger issue here and why I posted in the first place, is because mudgey pays nothing to advertise his products from his ebay business here on the forum.

Ford GT40 Aluminium Radiator NEW on eBay, also, Ford, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 04-Dec-08 22:54:36 GMT)

Tornado pays a significant yearly fee to actively sale our products here, mudgey does not. He was not even a forum supporting member last time I checked.

If you look, the majority of his posts are only to sell GT40 related parts and subsequently make a profit here.

I understand and agree that we all need to sell/trade something from our hobbies once in a while.

I do not feel that his selling presence here is equitable, hence my wise-crack posts.

Best regards,
Scott

Hi Scott, I am sorry i have offended some of the manufacturers by advertising some items for sale here, nor did i realise i was obliged to become an supporting vendor.

I would like to say that half the parts that have been advertised were given to me in lou of monies owed for wages and overtime which had accumulated to a fair few grand. I left the company a good few months ago due to this reason and only within the past 4 weeks I have managed 2 acquire these parts. Out of the parts i did recieved, some were missing and i had to spend money to make up for the remaining items. Unfortunately I am still pressing for the remainder of the money as these parts only accounted for 2/3rds the total amount owed.

The other parts i have for sale are items i have made in batches for my own car that i am currently constructing, this is to solely offset the expense of the build. I am no way an official manufacturer by any means nor am in business solely doing this work for a profit!

I would be more than happy to be a supporting member of this forum, however my 'profits' recieved so far wouldnt cover the price of contributing to this forum with the price plans as they stand, however in due time i may sell more items and then i shall reconsider a contribution to this forum.

I understand your views on this however i believe this matter could of been taken up privately.

Regards,
Mudgey

Hi Andy,
I used to work for MDA.
The company is in debt and i would advise anyone to not part with any cash until they have the product infront of them.

One of the units has now been cleared out and i was told he was in the process of putting the company into liquidation the last time i spoke to him.

Please be careful if you decide to buy from MDA.

If there are any existing MDA customers that are struggling i would be more than happy to help with any part of the build, bespoke parts and advice.

Regards,
Mudgey

Nasty allegation Mudgey, do you actually have any proof of this? Who told you that the company was going into liquidation? Are you just listening to nasty whispers? As a previous employee, is there an axe to grind here? The only bespoke parts you have are what you have received, "as payment", (your words) or are you able to supply more off your own back? I don't know you but it sounds like sour grapes to me. I may be way off line here, and if I am, I offer my humble apologies, but there are always two sides to each story.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Mudgey

I kind of guessed you worked for MDA as you are based in Exeter which is a big coincidence.

What is your real name as someone told me who you are but I would just like to double check.

Sorry to hear about your job loss.

Thanks

Andy

For once I agree with Andy, why hide behind silly names and non-de-plumes ? The real players out there all use their given names openly, Fran, Andy, Mick etc. I think the moderators should insist on this.

Keith

I used to work for MDA.
The company is in debt and i would advise anyone to not part with any cash until they have the product infront of them.

One of the units has now been cleared out and i was told he was in the process of putting the company into liquidation the last time i spoke to him.

Et tu Brutus? :(

Ron Earp

Admin
The real players out there all use their given names openly, Fran, Andy, Mick etc. I think the moderators should insist on this.

Hi Frank,

The GT40s.com forum rules state to use real names. Rule #1 on the site rules:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/introduce-yourself-here/23120-rules-please-read.html

But there isn't any possible way the moderators have time to check each person to make sure that Bill is Bill and so on. If someone would like to volunteer to email converse with each new member before they are allowed to join I'll be more than happy to deactivate the email registration system and have folks apply directly to you.

The best way for this rule to be enforced is for current members to enforce it on new members. Quit conversing with users who will not at least use a proper first name. I have to admit, it is a pet peeve of mine. I don't like conversing with a guy name "Socrates" over the virtues of the .500 Wyoming Express.

User enforced, it is the only way it'll ever happen.

Ron

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

Maybe a lot of new guys don't read the rules.

Maybe you would have increased success if the sticky at the beginning of the "Introduce yourself here" subforum was to read "The Rules: Real names Only: Please Read"

Just a thought....

And as you say a few comments from existing members to newbies violating the rule would help do the trick too.

Cheers

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The same as people call me Dave, Andrew get called Andy, and Pete does for Peter, his name is Mudgey which is short for Adam Mudge and in any email dealings with me he has always been Mudgey. I really don't think what name he is using is an issue. I imagine he has been Mudgey for as long as he can remember.

Back