Cibie headlights for GT40

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Up for sale: a pair of Cibie quartz-halogen headlamps which will fit a GT40 (they fit mine). I am not using them because I found a set of vintage Marchals; the Marchals have the mounting plates on them and the Cibies do not, so the Marchals are an easier fitment for my car.

Photos are attached. The front of each headlamp, which does not photograph well, is labeled "Cibie" "IODE" "H4" and "E2". These are probably European codes- some are self-explanatory, others obscure to me. The lamps take modern H4 bulbs and I will send two of them with the lamps, with 60/55 watt 12 volt elements. The front glass face of these lamps is slightly concave, which I think they did to better focus the beam.

Please note that you will have to make mounting plates to install these lamps! This is not difficult and several Forum members have done this, and there are photos posted on this topic.

I bought them from Aardvark in California, several years ago. Current price on these is about $295/lamp. I'll sell them for $550 the pair, with the bulbs included, and I will box and ship INSIDE THE USA and I will pay for shipping. If you want to pay by PayPal you will have to add the percentage PayPal takes, which I think is 4.7%- we can determine that presently.

This offer is for Forum members. If they don't sell here, I can stick them on eBay, but I'd rather see them go on a Forum members car, if anyone's interested. Please PM or email me with questions.

Over the ten years of the project I have accumulated some extra bits and pieces, so this is the first set of items that are going up. There will be others; I have at least one set of "extra" valve covers, another set of (round driving) lights, and various engine room bits we didn't use. Hopefully they will find a home on someone else's GT40.

Attachments

• 20091206_01.jpg
    20091206_01.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 525
  • 20091206_02.jpg
    20091206_02.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 673
  • 20091206_04.jpg
    20091206_04.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 507
  • 20091206_03.jpg
    20091206_03.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 734

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I forgot to mention that the Marchal lamps that I bought were quite a bit more money than this; even with the added labor and cost of making mountings for them, the Cibie lights are significantly less expensive. Like hundreds of dollars.

Thanks in advance to all for looking at this.

Do you still have these lights ?
I've been looking for a set , and if you still have them I may be looking for $

Back