SLC steering rack

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
SLC steering rack brand new
reason for sale the turning circle and non EPS powered make it very difficuly to use in UK
£25 plus postage

Hi Craig, I may be interested as I want a quicker rack for my P4 than the standard one currently fitted. What is wrong with the 'turning circle'? How many turns lock to lock?

Craig Gillingham

sorry just re read my post and to clarify.

We went with a slightly quicker rack but the problem with the car for street use was how heavy the steering was at low speed (street use) needed arms like popeye. for what ever reason much more heavy than the ultima i have been in.. if anyone has been pushing the SLC around you may get a feel for what i mean..

....so we added EPS.

The other issue was the turning circle of the SLC for UK street use as for instance when turning left on a UK single road it was nessesary to go into the oncoming path to acheive this or forward reverse..forward reverse type thing... bit like a lorry.. so this was modification and fettling to make this much better nothing to do with the rack...

has anyone got info on the curb to curb of the standard SLC as we didnt measure this at the time..?

what is a GT40 curb to curb turning circle?

this video when he comes in at 14secs sort of shows what i mean
YouTube - Prediator Superlite
(obviously not such an issue for circuit work / fast travel)

sorry mark had a PM already for this but will put you on reserve.....

There's no weight on the front end of an SLC, I had a Kirkham with a 427 sitting in the nose and that wasn't hard to steer. Better hit the gym Craig.

Craig,

Just apply generous power to loosen up the rear and you can turn inside the wheelbase length of the SL-C!:thumbsup:

Craig Gillingham

Craig,

Just apply generous power to loosen up the rear and you can turn inside the wheelbase length of the SL-C!:thumbsup:

i knew there was a downside to fitting traction control :)

There's no weight on the front end of an SLC, I had a Kirkham with a 427 sitting in the nose and that wasn't hard to steer. Better hit the gym Craig.

maybe then its the amount of rubber at the front/wheel size/Geo to be moving rather than anything to do with weight.?

as it now has EPS i can relax easy on the couch eating donuts and chips. :thumbsup:

Back