Daimler "hemi" engine for sale

Don't think this will be of interest to any GT40 builders as it's not gt40-able. But I know there are lots of people on here with a whole bunch of cars so thought I'd mention it.
I have a Daimler 2.5 litre "hemi" v8 engine for sale.
The engine was built by Russ Carpenter (Daimler hemi "guru") with an output of approx 300BHP!
It has 4 bolt mains, fully polished and ported heads, a full dynamic balance job, a 9.5:1 comp ratio a Piper BP270 camshaft, holley carb etc.
It was built a good few years ago and only run briefly (it was planned to go in a 289 cobra kit) before being stored in a container for many years. The outside of the engine looks scruffy, but internally it was prepped for long term storage and is in excellent condition. I spoke to Russ Carpenter today (he is the guy who used to drag race with these engines in the '70's and '80's and once got 1,500BHP out of one on nitro) and he confirmed the spec and also that the engine may be a "bit of a handful" on the road in a road car neccessitating a milder camshaft maybe?.....
If you have a daimler dart or a daimler 250 saloon, this would make it a real monster.
Anyone?

Simon

Hello from Finland. You sell daimler 250 v8 motor. How much is cost? Can you sent me picture?
Thanks Rautiainen Joni. Sorry my poor english. My email is Jontte74(at)hotmail.com

Back