Glenn

Attachments

• DSC04287.JPG
    DSC04287.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 685
  • DSC04289.JPG
    DSC04289.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 651
Are these a pure handbrake caliper or a combined brake/handbrake?

Thanks

Geoff Peters (a mutual friend of mine and Julian's) has these calipers on his Pantera in London. They're bloody brilliant! Basically similar to a Wilwood Ultralite II, except with an integral, non-hydraulic parking brake system. I don't know why they haven't been aggressively marketed in the USA yet. Getting a pair of these has been on my to-do list for some time...of course you've been in my garage, so you know that list is a mile and a half long! :laugh:

Glenn--I have to ask, what is inspiring the sale?

Glenn M

Supporter
Hi Mike
I agree they're a brilliant caliper. The reason to change is quite simply with more track work becoming the norm I've put bigger AP's on the rear.

Glenn

Glenn M

Supporter
Hi Fred

No, they are radial mount, 6” hole spacing.

Glenn

Attachments

• caliper.JPG
    caliper.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 686

Glenn M

Supporter
So are mine Fred, you simply need a caliper bracket with 130mm lug holes and 6” radial holes to line the caliper up with your disc.

Glenn

Glenn:
Had trouble finding them on the Hi-Spec page. What rotor width and diameter will these calipers accept, and if you have the info what type cable for the handbrake.
The radial mount is no problem for my application, and I may be interested if these fit.
Cheers
Phil

Glenn M

Supporter
Hi Phil

they seem to have changed the website since I put that link on.
Try here; Billet 4 Radial
My discs are 295mm x 25mm. I may still have the cables too, I'll have a look.

Glenn

Glenn:
Thanks, let me know as rotor diam and width are close, and it seems I could just change out the spacers if I decide to go with thicker rotors.
Cheers
Phil

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
I have these exact calipers on my DAX, they have a sensible piston and pad size for a mid engined car and aren't undersized for the job. If it helps you guys, I attach a scan of the 2006 catalogue entry for these calipers. They don't make them any more and they have replaced them with the SVA friendly (fully mechanical) version you can find here Rear SVA Billet Uni Lug (90mm PCD) or look under 'Rear SVA Caliper Range'.

They don't seem to do the radial mount any more, and for the Billet caliper supply only 90mm and 140mm lug mounted versions.

The cable attachment is the same as on the Granada / Scorpio sliding piston calipers.

Dave

Attachments

• GT40 001.jpg
    GT40 001.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
Glen,

Just saw your mail only today.
I ordered new (but not same) last saturday at Hi Spec as I tought yours would not fit.
Sorry for potential inconvenience.
Rgds
Fred

Glenn, Are your calipers still available? I'm interested in them.. they would work great for my application... if so... what would be the US$ equivalent?? thanks Richard

Back