Period GT40/racing photo archive for sale

Hi guys,

I heard from Claude Dubois, who was the Shelby/FAV distributor for Europe in the 1960s (and is the Shelby distributor for much of Europe still today!). He wrote to me:

"BARN FIND" : INCREDIBLE COLLECTION OF UNPUBLISHED PICTURES FOR SALE

Jean Charles Martha was an executive at Ford Belgium in the years 55/70 , he was also a dear friend and I owe him a lot , because it is thanks to his support that I was able, in 1966 ,to become the Sole Distributor for Belgium for the Ford USA "Total Performance" programm which means the Shelby Mustangs and Cobra , the Ford GT40 and which later on allowed me to distribute also the A.C Cars and de Tomaso automobiles.

This , naturally , changed my life.

Jean Charles passed away a few weeks ago , and I want to help his widow to sell this nice collection of exceptionnal and unpublished pictures at the best price possible.

You will find , in annex , the lists of those pictures which are related to Motorsport and very often to the Total Performance programm , because Mr Martha was , at a time, the liaison manager between Ford Dearborn (USA) and its European subsidiaries.

If interested I can mail you a CD Rom with some specimen pictures that exists under the form of about 850 color slides , safely packed in 26 Rollei Magazin boxes.

====

I won't bother reproducing the list of images; suffice it to say that among the hundreds of racing photos, there are numerous Cobra and GT40 images (cars under way, cars in detail in the pits, and also portraits of drivers/managers/pit crews/Ford executives) in the collection.

If you know of anybody who might be able to put these images to good use, ping me via PM and I'll put you in touch with Claude. He wants to sell the entire collection, rather than piecemealing out an image at a time.

There are at least a few photos of Claude with P/1079 (the car he owned at the time) at Le Mans '68 in one of the boxes....

Back