Original Gurney Weslake Heads/intake/Webers?

Hi guys,

I just found out a friend of mine has been hoarding a complete Gurney Weslake top end kit (GW heads, valve covers, intake, Webers, throttle linkage). You supply the short block and he's got the rest.

Not currently for sale, but they've been gathering dust for years, and money always talks.

What do you suppose a complete bolt-on package like that might be worth? I don't know if the heads are bare, or complete? I suspect they are probably complete with valves, springs, rocker arms etc. etc.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Oh dear! Another unfortunate soul with a dilemma. I'd suggest posting this in the dilemma forum, but unless you've got pictures, it would not provide near the "desire" of the current benchmark. :)

the worth is what it sell for . . . .

repop vavle covers are 400? set of webers cost what? then ADD the heads and the fact that its all vintage stuff.

My guess, it wouldn't be cheap.

An opinon? modern day heads might work better? or as well.

Still, would make a cool set-up, eh?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
It would make a very cool setup. However, we are talking about probably 20-25K worth of stuff here. It ought to be cool for money like that. Still, find another one.... they are thin on the ground.

FWIW, I don't think GW heads flow better than modern heads. For for their time, they were the best technology available, and they won a lot of races. Harry Weslake was a genius at engine and head design. He also designed the V12 engine that was used in the AAR F1 car that Dan Gurney won in, I think it was at the NurburgRing.

I know this is an older thread, But a late response is better than no response. How about this: a set of Chris' "Gurney Weslake" valve covers, an original Ford casted C6AE manifold and a new set of AFR #1381 competition heads with the 58cc chambers...

Cheers,
~Earl J

Attachments

• DSCN5552.JPG
    DSCN5552.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 2,464
Looks like old stuff, can't be worth much... I will give you a 100 bucks for it all; even pay for shipping.

Kevin

Kevin, you are right. However, I'll offer $115, if the 2 balancers and the cardboard box (whow knows what's in it?!) goes with the deal...:smug:

Gotta be a total "gear head"! All those cool parts sitting on a granite counter top, and in the kitchen! Total Car Guy!!!!!!!

Back