48 IDFs for Small Block Ford

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I ended up with two complete Weber IDF sets for SBF engines. I'm going to sell the second set, which is a kit of 4 48IDF Webers (made in Spain and branded Weber) never used, with the center linkage. I have ordered new JPS linkage arms from Pierce Manifolds for this set. These Weber carburetors are chrome-plated, which is evidently quite difficult to find, although it may not be suitable for a GT40 as "engine room bling" is not exactly what these cars are about...

Please note that these Webers have never been on an engine and will need a complete setup. This means adjusting EVERYTHING. I will send them with the box of jets and other parts that I got with them, etc. I'll post photos and a price when everything is together- this is an advance note in case someone is getting ready to push the button on a set of 48IDFs etc. Thanks!

Jim, sounds like a nice set. If you still have them for sale, mind if I ask you a few questions?

1. You're sure these are 48 IDFs? Not IDAs....
2. Can you post the full model number of each of the four carbs?
3. How many progression holes in each?
4. What chokes are installed?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't have a 351 manifold. I will look at the carbs and post the numbers etc. They ARE IDFs- they are NOT IDAs.

Note that these carburetors are chromed- if you don't want chromed Webers IDFs then these are not for you!!! They are very trick but it wasn't the look I wanted for 1149.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Carbs are up at Ron's having new linkage put in. I will email or post with more info as soon as available. It would be nice to see these go to a forum member if possible.

Back