48 IDF Webbers with Pierce Manifold - Bolt-On

Complete 48 IDF Webbers with Pierce Manifold. Included is custom carb heat shield/turkey pan, carbs, intake and all the linkages needed to function the carbs. This set-up came off my CAV GT40 with a Ford 302 stroker.

Asking $2,550 for everything. Will sell only as a package. Buyer pays shipping.

Frisco, Texas

Thank you

Jack

Attachments

• Webers.jpg
    Webers.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 725
  • photo (17).jpg
    photo (17).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 512

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
It isn't. 48 IDFs would be the size of choice according to Jim Inglese. The reason I didn't use mine is that I didn't want chromed carbs on the GT40s engine. 44s are probably a bit too small.

The Carbs have been sold. Thank you for all your interest.

I put a Quick Fuel Carb on it. Not even sure what size, I didn't install it. Runs well, but does not have the throttle response that the webers had. I couldn't find anyone in the area that would tune the webers. The webers looked so much cooler in the back window of the GT.

Jack

550. Sad to read you felt the need to remove the webers. What type of problems were you having with them if you don't mind me asking? Was it strictly a "tuning" issue? I too have webers (44IDF's) and have considered a swap but can't bring myself to change them because of the points you made. Response and looks but I'll add they are "period correct" in that they are webers.

Jim may I inquire about your comment regarding the 48's being the webers of choice? The reason I ask is I've been told the 48's are better suited to racing while the 44's are better suited to road use and thus the reason I use them. I certainly won't argue Mr. Inglese's credentials but I wondered if he expanded on his position. Thanks.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I was surprised, too, when he said that to me. I had bought two sets- 44IDF and 48IDF- and because the 48IDFs were chromed I didn't put them on, I thought they would look gaudy and not correct on the car. Inglese isn't crazy about IDFs, but he did mention that 48mm barrels are fine for the small-block engines we run. Tuning them is a matter of getting the linkage zeroed, and ALL the vacuum leaks corrected. I think he felt that the larger chokes allowed the engine to breathe better at high revs. He felt that I should use 48IDAs, which someday I may get. Evidently they can be tuned to be very flexible and make lots of power on these engines.

Thanks Jim...sorry 550 for the thread drift. My thinking Jim is that 44IDF's are better suited for road use since I'm not going to be at the top of the REV range too often on the street.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I have a set of similar carburetors, but chromed. I will post photos on a thread I started a while back- I'd like to sell them as I don't need a second set.

I have a set of similar carburetors, but chromed. I will post photos on a thread I started a while back- I'd like to sell them as I don't need a second set.

Hi could you tell me what block they fit ie ford/chevey. are they complete wih linkage trumpets and manifolds. would you sell to the uk and what price with the shipping?

if you could call back on07766334407 or email [email protected]

many thanks

Back