All-aluminum 351C stroker for sale

Hi guys,

First thing--I am JUST the messenger! I know no more than what I'm writing here. For any more info or questions, contact the seller, not me!

I was contacted by a guy named Joe Mendes who lives in Monterey, CA. He has an incredible all-aluminum 351C, which uses a super-rare, 1968 date-coded experimental Ford ALUMINUM 351C block. I don't know how many aluminum Cleveland blocks Ford built, but the number is quite small.

He bought this block directly from Dan Gurney back in the day; Dan was doing development work for Ford during the Trans-Am program days.

He had the block polished to a mirror shine, and then built a killer dry-sump street engine around it. Specs and a photo of the engine installed in a Cobra kit car, here:

main.php

More photos of the engine on a stand here:

Aluminum Stroker Cleveland for sale

Ill health has forced its sale. He has over $30K (!!!!) invested, and is seeking $20K or best offer. Drop him a line at [email protected] or phone (831) 818-7940.

Cheers!

Mike

I looked at buying one of these blocks from Ian Richardson ca 1977. He told me that only six were originally cast. Rare bird indeed.

Back