$(KGrHqJ,!g4E1e5V9wL3BNZBrqiDYQ~~_12.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 783
  • $(KGrHqZ,!iQE1N!QGQkVBNZBvR!f5Q~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!iQE1N!QGQkVBNZBvR!f5Q~~_12.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 861
Last edited:

Darnel A.

Supporter
Since this gentleman chose to bring this to the Forum, I am posting my response. The gentleman failed to mention it was 7 months after I shipped the wheels before he contacted me.

"Dirk,
The wheels were custom made by PS Engineering for a fellow GT40 owner. The offset was not what he ordered so I bought them. I did not weld the wheels, PS Engineering did, and they have a very good reputation, so there is was nothing wrong with the wheels. I shipped the wheels in January to you and did not hear from you until August, so you could have mounted the wheels on your car and damaged them or they could have been damaged during installation. Either way, so as to be fair, if you send the wheels to PS Engineering and they say the wheels are not damaged I will return $650 to you. That is a fair offer under the circumstances."

FWIW I was/am under the impression that PS wheels usually have the center welded into the rim after the rim is shrunk fit onto the center.... however I think the purchaser might have been unaware of the process, plus somewhat concerned that the wheel center has been drilled for a larger pcd 5 pin drive hub on what is clearly a center casting designed for a 6 pin application. Note that a couple of the pin drillings have broken out of the center casting, if hub spigot/wheel and knockoff fit correctly this should not be a problem.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 399
Back