Electromotive TEC 3 6/12

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
ELECTROMOTIVE STAND ALONE ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

I bought this on ebay thinking it was for a V8, my mistake, its a 6/12 (6 cylinder full sequential or 12 cylinder semi sequential). Can be used on 6 cylinder single or twin plug or 12 cylinder single plug. I have used and installed many TEC units and can help with your project. This unit has wideband or narrow band O2 inputs, 4 general purpose outputs (fan, pumps, boost, nitrous, cam, what ever you can think of), and 4 general purpose inputs (fuel and timing trims normally used). Data logging with auto calibrate VE (fuel table) which I'm not real positive of. It also has IAC (idle air control) for GM type IAC motors. I will include one DFU for 6 cylinder, one very long virgin harness (about 7 ft long), software for computer and pdf file for manual for installation.

As you can see it communicates with the computer but has no sensors hooked up and not included with the sale. I think these units are $2000+ just for the ECU and the harness would be a couple hundred at least, also the DFU is a couple hundred.

$650 or best offer plus actual cost of shipping even for our overseas brothers. :)

Its located in Arkansas USA, would be happy to answer any questions. Interesting trades. ??

Jack Houpe

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Hi Jack,

I may be interested just need to do a littel research to check suitability for my 5.4ltr V12 BMW E38 M73n engine.

Regards
Mike

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Hi Jack,

I may be interested just need to do a littel research to check suitability for my 5.4ltr V12 BMW E38 M73n engine.

Regards
Mike

It will run it just fine but for that engine or any type of hemi head I would use pencil coils and an ignitor rather than the DFU. Much cleaner looking and better performance.

My old LP400s has had electromotive TEC 1 for 20 years now and still starts the first two revolutions of the engine.

Attachments

• AUT_6936.JPG
    AUT_6936.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 265
Back