Porsche 930 Tranaxle For Sale

I am selling a early 930 box, short bell housing, freshly rebuilt by Perfect Power, in Ill. Ring gear flipped and machined for mid-engine function, ZF limited slip, close ratio gears, and a one-off mechanical shifter linkage, and rear housing/mount design that shorten's the box by 4 in. over stock for a total length of 27 1/2 in. Plumbed for oil pump. The cost to build the box was 12K, plus around 3K for the shifting mods, which are beautiful. I would like $10,500. or near. Am having problems loading the photos here, and understand that may omit this post, but will email photos, and build sheet, invoices, etc. to interested buyers. Contact Tom Pixley, 231-946-0724, or [email protected] for photo's and gearing info., etc. Thanks!

Here are some photo's of the box.

Attachments

• IMGP3718.jpg
    IMGP3718.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 569
  • IMGP3719.jpg
    IMGP3719.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 489
  • IMGP3722.jpg
    IMGP3722.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMGP3720.jpg
    IMGP3720.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 479
Some additional info: Ring and Pinion, 9/38 4.22. First:16/36, Second: 17/25, Third: 26/26, and Forth: 31/22. ZF limited slip. In my build, with 24.7 tires, top at 6500= 162mph. It was geared with street, and occasional track outings in mind, and has nice, close rpm drops between shifts. It is a compact, stout box, easy to find adapters from Kennedy, etc., and uses stock Porsche clutch components. Open to offers. Tom

The case is built up by welding material on the new side, to add meat for the ring gear flip; this is the area welded, visible looking in the bell. The smaller weld area on the case side is to weld up the hole that had been the sender port for the electric speedo. The box has been built by Sol, at Perfect Power, in Ill., and machined by Patric Motorsports, both longtime experts in Porsche builds. I appreciate your question, and for this amount of $$$, expect to answer any questions asked as best I can. I can copy, and send the invoice / build sheet info to anyone interested. Thanks

Thanks Tom. It was the smaller weld in the second picture I noticed. It appeared to be a snapped fin that was welded recently.

Back