Audi 016 for sale

Audi O16 for sale. Good transaxle in good usable condition. New seals (both output and input), new Redline MT90.

Ratio coded MN - decent ratios (see chart attached) for GT40 or kit car, etc.

These 016's are nice and simple and inexpensive transaxles. Adapter plates for SBF and Chevy are available. Had one in my CAV for many years, upgraded with a LSD from a 944turbo (bolts right in). I have several of these transaxles.

$450 plus shipping. Last time I shipped one of these it was via regular UPS Ground at about $150 bucks for domestic (US) delivery. Another one went to Argentina for $175 bucks (wow, did the UPS guy make a mistake?) About 110lbs to ship, includes hand-crafted fine-wood case (ie Home Depot 2X4's) - see example of last one shipped.

PM with any questions. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_4593.jpg
    IMG_4593.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_4595.jpg
    IMG_4595.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 380
  • Audi6.jpg
    Audi6.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 465
  • Audi Transaxle Ratios V2.xls
    87.5 KB · Views: 324
Hey Cliff! I am still enjoying the Porsche LSD that you installed in the Audi 016 of your former CAV! Nice to see that you are still finding excitement in your garage!

I have done a number of shows with the CAV and often take home awards. I have put another couple of thousand miles on the car and have had zero problems to date! The car continues as a testament to those who owned it before me (especially you) as to how well put together and finely tuned it is.

Obtaining the CAV provided me with the motivation to return to racing formula cars. I own both a Crossle FF and a Carbir FC now and have a full racing schedule for the coming summer. And plenty of additional car shows with the CAV!

Thanks for putting together a fabulous CAV that just keeps on giving!

Hi Mike, good to hear it! Very glad you're having fun with the CAV and enjoying some show success, and fun driving success.

It's funny how a certain car can make you feel young again, or awaken a certain automotive interest of one sort or another. Those are some pretty fun formula cars you have there - FF is 100% fun and good comraderie without a bunch of complication. I need to get off my rear and do the same....

Keep on motorin' Mike!

Anybody want this 016? I'd love to get it sold and into the hands of someone who is going to use it.

It's a good transaxle....very inexpensive compared to the other transaxle options, and a robust item with easy parts availability and plug-n-play adapter plates available through Kennedy for use behind a SBF or chebby.

Would have already been sitting in my shed if the freight company didn't want both arms and a leg....
Hopefully someone will pick it up state side.

Clayton

Back