Numbered Set of GT40 Art Posters

Hi everybody, my names Marc and I'm the maintenance guy for an apartment building in downtown Detroit.

I was cleaning out an apartment recently and I found this portfolio stuffed away behind a washing machine, I asked the tenant who was moving out if it was theirs, but they had never seen the thing before.

I thought it was junk and was going to throw it out until I opened it up.

I'd like to sell these to someone who really digs this kinda stuff and that's how I found this forum.

I have no idea what these might be worth, there are eleven prints in total, they measure 18"x24".

Every Print is hand numbered 128/500.
Camilo Paro's signature is part of the print.

Now for the dings and dents photos,...

Every print has a slightly bent lower left corner.

The cover transparency is a little wrinkled.

The backside of the portfolio is scratched on one edge.

There's a little tear one the edge of the Red Rush print.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Nice stuff, Marc, and this would certainly be the place to sell it!

I'd suggest that you look at the forum rules if you haven't yet...I think you need to be a supporting member to post items for sale. That is not expensive, I think the lowest supporting membership might be in the $10 range.

Good luck! We're all GT40 CRAZY around here, so someone will take you up on your offer, I'm sure. You didn't post a price, have you done any internet research to find out if they show up on Fleabay or are otherwise valued by private sales or auction sales? This seems to be a very limited offering, and at 128/500 yours seems to have been produced early in the production run.

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is all Ford GT concept stuff. I would post it on the Ford GT forum if they'll let you.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Was this a Ford sponsored publication to celebrate their 100 year anniversary?

The front of the portfolio cover would seem to indicate that.

Mike...I did see some images that were obviously Ford GT (Graphic Study #2 is obviously Ford GT), but some of them do not seem to have the standard Ford GT body, they look much more like GT40s...graphic studies #1 and #3 and maybe "Red Rush", which appears to have chromed pent-roof FE valve covers. What do you think?

Cheers!

Doug

Well I read over the rules and it SEEMS to be referring more to the auto parts and people who maybe have an ebay store or something.

That being said I did look into becoming a supporting member but the lowest range I could find was $35, and to be quite honest I'm a blue collar guy and I just don't have an extra $35 in my bank account at the moment.

So I figure I'll just throw myself to the mercy of the moderators, and if they want me outta hear I'll totally understand and maybe be back in a couple weeks when I get paid.

As far as price goes, I've had $600 rolling around in the back of my head. That's keeping in mind the minor quality issues, and the fact that I paid nothing for this portfolio.

If that number is way off in either direction please feel free to let me know, I haven't been able to find another example of these in my admittedly limited research on the web.

I have had a couple of PMs asking if I'd like to sell just one or two of these pieces, but I really think the set should stay together.

So thanks for the input so far guys, I'd love to find a good home for this stuff.

Thanks for all the help guys, the portfolio sold today so that about wraps it up for me, but if I ever hit the lotto I just might be back asking for advice on my GT40!

Back