FS CAN Pantera ZF 5 DS-25-2 Transaxle for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father who was a car guy built his own car which he never completed. In the end dementia has taken his mind. Its sad as he was a tool and die maker and enjoyed working with his hands. He purchased the transaxle at least 20-25 years ago and has been sitting in the garage since. I will never have the time to complete the project so I am selling it. I posted more details on his project in the following thread;

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...7-zf-5-ds-25-pantera-need-help-pic-heavy.html

I checked a few things on the transaxle. Main shaft turns smoothly and so do the outputs. The limited slip seems to be there and working. Oil is clean and clear and it does shift. I did check the gear ratios by hand and they are the Pantera ratios;
1st. 2.23
2nd. 1.47
3rd. 1.04
4th. .846
5th. .705
R. 2.86
RP. 4.22

Serial number 9171
seems to be based on casting stamping as shown in 3rd last picture.

I was asked by Mike in previously mentioned thread to open the Diff cover and take a few pics of the ring and pinion to show their condition. The last two pics are the gears. I have touched nothing else. Would rather leave everything including housing cleanup to the buyer.

In the last picture I was asked to open the access port to the gearbos area to inspect for rust etc.

If you have someone local to Toronto, you are welcome to arrange a meeting to inspect. I will also pack / crate unit for shipping if a buyer requires. I will leave shipping logistics to the buyer. Price 5100 USD crated, 5000.00 USD local pickup.

Tranny01.jpg

Tranny02.jpg

Tranny03.jpg

Tranny04.jpg

Tranny05.jpg

Tranny06.jpg

Tranny07.jpg

Tranny08.jpg

Tranny09.jpg

Tranny10.jpg

Tranny11.jpg

Tranny12.jpg

Tranny13.jpg

Tranny14.jpg

Tranny15.jpg

Tranny16.jpg

Tranny17.jpg

Tranny18.jpg

Tranny19.jpg

Tranny23.jpg

Tranny24.jpg

Hello Mike ,

A French friend of mine is interested and asked me to get in touch with you ...I send you an internal message .

If you come to a deal with him, the crated part would be to send to an US adress from which he would activate a container disposition to Europe ....

René

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back