Roaring Forties #49 John Schneider

Here's what it looks like after almost 2 years. Damn it's been a long time.
The body has been fit but since removed for final sanding and paint prep.

Attachments

• 25148-chasis-no-body8.jpg
    25148-chasis-no-body8.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 877
looks great John,,,what color will it be? Listen to the wife on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well if it's up to the wife it'll be black. I want a dark blue with silver gulf style paint layout. You know the same layout but dark not light blue and silver not orange. Who thought that picking a color would be the hardest part of the project. For now I'll be happy with good old primer gray!

John,
You keep at it buddy! you have entered the never ending sanding stage of the build. You will be sanding forever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You have accomplished so much with the time you have. Now it will seem like forever to get the paint and stripes on but after that things start moving quicker. You have taken the time to do the things right and the way you want them. It will pay off soon. I pretty sure this thing will be on the road by Spring. That is if you paint it a light color. A dark color will add an extra week of sanding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. So it's your choice...more sanding or a nice light color.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Hershal, WHITE it is than.
Have I told you I hate sanding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
John, it is looking great - from here, you just keep buying new dust masks & reams of sandpaper for a month or two !! Sanding is a real pain in the ass, but the rewards are big - you just don't see them too quickly ! I resigned myself to it & treated it all a bit like basket-weaving - keeps the hands busy & the mind numb !

BTW, I like the look of your HUGE garage (or is it a hangar) - if I squint a bit, I am sure that I can see a helicopter rotor, part of a Gulfstream & part of a 707. Are sure your surname is Schneider, not Travolta ? !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Thanks Guys,
Peter you are right it's me Vinnie Babareno, and yes that is a 707.
Unfortunately the hanger is Hershal's but the gulfstream and 707 are MINE.
John

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Looks great John. Sanding is something I have to look forward to. I wonder if I could convince the wife sanding
would be good for her figure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As my Dad always likes to say, women are good at repetative tasks...

I'm painting my primer Sunoco blue and see if I like it. If I do, then Hershal and my wife be damned.

Pat, you go for it buddy. The only opinion that matters is your own cause your the one that lives with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It finally has paint!!! We went with an Infiniti color Graphite (luster) gray and black stripes. Why? Hell I don't know it goes back 30+ color choices and 2 1/2 years.
The wife saw this one and send if not black this is the one for the car. I agree it really is beautiful in person.
Thanks to Dave R., my Brother and ol'Hershal. Now let's see who are still my buds we I get back to sanding again.

Attachments

• 40800-front-cleared.jpg
    40800-front-cleared.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 817
John,
You might want to consider leaving the window sils with a matte(clear) or sanded (400-600) finish to cut down on reflection. It leaves the color the same but gets rid of the reflectiveness. Just a thought.
Bill

Back