Roaring Forties #80

Ok, I'm been somewhat of a diletante at posting pictures of my car. I took delivery the middle of September and have been working diligently ever since. Unfortunately, most of the work was not detectable by mere photography, thus my reluctance to post. This all changed after a visit by Hershal Byrd and Jerry Jansing. I picked Hershal up at the airport Wednesday evening. We started Thursday morning at around 08:00 hrs (05:00 hours Hershal's time). At around 10:00 there was a knock on the garage door and Jerry Jansing appeared. Work proceeded quickly. There were several trips to the local hardware store. I now have an account there. I think the owner of the store smiles evertime he sees me! The time went very quickly. Clouds of fiberglass did not deter us from our endeavors. Here are the before and after photos. Neither one of these gentlemen would accept any financial compensation.

Attachments

• 25704-GT40 Pics 012.jpg
    25704-GT40 Pics 012.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 717
Looks great keep at it.
Also thanks to Hershal, and countless hours sandind mine should be ready to primer any week now. Then sand again the fill and sand and sand and sand....
John

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Great progress - its a huge boost to the enthusiasm when it goes from a pile of bits to something that looks like a '40 ! I bet you just sat in the thing & dreamed like me !

Clouds of dust !! Where ?? That has got to be cleanest looking garage I have ever seen in which someone admits to sanding f/glass ! Garage Envy - clean, heaps of space, & a bending brake in the background - what more could one ask for !

Go for it !

Peter D.

Thanks for the compliments about the garage. I could go on about my clean habits etc. but the wife insisted that I vacuum out the dust as I was tracking it into the house. The photo was taken after about three hours of cleaning.

Looks good...you're making great progress.

You'll drive yourself crazy vacuuming dust all the time, because you'll be making a whole lot more dust in the coming months. I use Hershal's method for garage cleaning: I open the doors and use an electric blower to blow it out into the driveway. While the garage won't be spotless, I can have 95% of the dust out of there in less than 10 minutes.

JOhn, it sounds like you're having a great time sanding and sanding. Then looking forward to yet more sanding.

I got yelled at this past weekend for a)sanding dust in covering everything, and b) no room for the wife's car in the garage. Just a bit longer and I think I'll have it.

Back