GT40NZ updated pics

Hi all. Just wanted to check in and show some of the most recent pics of my GT40NZ.
I used to have a nice assortment of them on my clubphoto page, but then had to "remove" them temporarily, due to a "life altering experience".....

The bad news is that I have not even touched the project since last July, so nothing has progressed during that time.

The good news is that I have made it through the hardship (mostly intact) and I can now start to dedicate sometime to my toys again.

I have added a batch of ew pics on my club photo site, of the GT40 and other projects......
and will attempt to post one of the car wearing a set of Team 3 16inch wheels.

pic ...ooops try again

Attachments

• 32790-sideview.jpg
    32790-sideview.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 737
Alain, How do you like the Team 3 wheels? Did you buy the center cover with the wheels and, if so, how does that look?

Did you buy the wheels direct from Team 3 or one of the distributors?

thanks

dave harris

I ordered them through Richard Oben at North Racecars.
Richard buys quite a few wheels from Team 3, and it only took a little over a week to get them.

The pic doesn't show it very well. (I don't have a digital camera),,,but they do have the bolt covers and they look great.

I used to have PS engineering wheels on my cobra, and the Team 3's have a much nicer finish on them.

fronts are 16x8 with sumitomo htrz 205/55,,,
and rears are 16x9 with 255/50s.

I thought about it for quite a while and am very happy with deciding to use 16 inch wheels.
I just don't like the low profile look that the 17s have. They look "out of place" on a 1960s period car in my opinion,,,,,
and since trhere is no decent Z rated street tire available in 15 inch,
I decided to use 16s and give up a little rear width (the widest I found was 255), but keep a decent looking sidewall height.
The tires were pretty reasonably priced too.

Does Team 3 make 16" knock on's. My MDA should be showing up in about a month and I'd like to find a set of 16" Halibrand style knock on's. The car already is being shipped with the pin drive hubs and spinners, I just need to find the wheels. I definitly like the look of the 16"s and like the Halibrand style over the BRM. Who's selling them.

Jim Downard

Team 3 only sells lug-wheels. As far as I know, Phil at PS engineering and Lynn Park at Trigo wheels are the only ones making pin drive wheels in the US. However, Trigos are only available in 15" and I am not even sure if PSE has 16"s.

If you need contact information I can look it up.

Lukas

Back