Mirage gt40

newbie trying to draw up the mirage.
can anyone help with original photos, drawings or mouldings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike
Is this any use?

Attachments

• 59824-linedrawing4.jpg
    59824-linedrawing4.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 6,964
Dave,
Thanks for the reply. I notice top louvre vent panels are not shown on your sketches but front winglets are, also rear adjustable spoiler isn't visible.

I'm taking it as read that the front clip is a mod of the mk1 gt40 with change to windscreen area and naca duct.
In later races the nostril evolved as well. Can anyone suggest what the square cover on driverside adjacent to naca duct is for?

Also can anyone let me know what the width of the marigold band and the actual height of the Mirage is, as this will help with setting the scale for different views front to rear.
I am currently using 1028 roof to floor, not including roof naca side flanges.

Extrapolation of the photos only gets me so far.

Thanks in advance.

mike

Attachments

• 59922-MIRAGE-M1-DRAFT.jpg
    59922-MIRAGE-M1-DRAFT.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 829

Keith

4 and last. As for the height, 40" perhaps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 59928-Mirage4s.jpg
    59928-Mirage4s.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 724
"Can anyone suggest what the square cover on driverside adjacent to naca duct is for?"

May be for easily checking break fluid without raising the whole front clip.

cheeers

Thanks Keith and Dave,

I've done a lot of web surfing and done the usual sites as well as links.
I have already downloaded from:
Blackhawk and jacky Ickx sites.

The the gt40 height of 40.5 inches translates to 1028.7mm, which is my current height datum. From the photos i have is obvious 90% of the Mirage chassis was gt40. The front bulkhead and the door pillars had additional lightening holes as well as sheet steel removal. The cockpit section is highly slanted and the windscreen more circular as well as slanted.
As i don't have access to an original gt40, is there any chance of drawings detailing the floorplan and the suspension locations.

Thanks in advance

mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 59981-MIRAGE-M1-FRONT-CHASSIS-A1L(3).jpg
    59981-MIRAGE-M1-FRONT-CHASSIS-A1L(3).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 821
I can see there is a general interest in the Mirage so i'll post a zipped A3 pdf of the draft drawing. Scale is as accurate as i can get with photographs, this is work in progress so please don't be too harsh with your critique.
if i don't get some dimensions soon guys, i'll have to shelve it as summer is here and decking needs to be built.

thanks for the interest

mike

Attachments

• 60369-mirage-draft.zip
    73.6 KB · Views: 588
I am attempting to build a model of the Mirage. Are there any pictures of just interior especially the inside of the roof. Was this flat black or the Gulf blue color? Any help would be appreciated, thanks Rene'.

Rene,

have a look at the post above yours. The images ofthe interior show the doors to be painted inside & out, but the window surround is black.

Welcome to the forum too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi rene
welcome to the forum. you can use the links in the previous replies to go to web pages with the mirage photos.

best of luck with your project
mike

John,
I see that one however it does not show a picture of the inside of the roof. One guy told me that they were all flat black on the roof because glare. Yet another guy has said that they were all the same color as the body color. I am not sure on which way to go. By the way if anybody build models I would not recommend this kit to anyone. As it is very rough and inaccurate. Rene'

Back