Tornado GT40

Finally decided to put up pictures of my GT40..

<center>
<a href="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/janeydc/4e1f1027.jpg" target="_blank">
th_4e1f1027.jpg
</a>
</center>
Arrival of chassis.
more to follow...

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

Running brake lines and water pipes through cockpit. pipes lagged with car builder solution heat mat.

I am getting ready to start a GT40 and I am going over to the UK to meet with Tornado. How have they been as a supplier and kit quality. I am afaid that I will pick a badly organised company and have loads of tech problems and be too far away to visit them as I am from Dublin in Ireland

Hi Stuart,this tornado is the second car i have built.My first car was a dax cobra.The tornado is now rolling on some old granada wheels.Brakes are plumbed,most of cooling system in and fuel tanks fitted.Only problem i had was fuel tanks bit tricky to fit.Had to jack them up with trolley jack and wood to fit retaining straps.Better tight than loose!!Andy Sheldon has been a great bloke and always has time for a long chat and showing you round his workshop and his other hobby of flying and building model jet fighters.Everything i have put together on the tornado has fitted great,no problems. Kevin

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I have owned a Tornado going on three years albeit, my car was complete when I bought it. When necessary I have called on Andy and he has always delivered. Thumbs up as far as I am concerned. I don't get the feeling he will "hold you hand" but as a business I think Tornado can be relied on. They've been in business long enough, so you know they'll be around for a while longer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kevin the car looks good. I am also building a ts40 has been in storage for two years now. it is a roller now and am moving it to a new garage soon to start the compleation on the car.

Hi Kev,can you post some pictures,my car is rolling now and i am finishing the interior panelling.i have changed the fibreglass inner panels to alloy.Will post some pictures soon hopefully,posting pictures is a bit long winded and as you have probably noticed i have accidently wiped off my first posts!!!

Great looking GT. I am also in the second stage of my build of the TS-40. I will soon post my pics when I am in the new garage> Can't wait its has been three years on hold!!! This site has saved my reason to go on with this build. Cannot spend enough $$$$$$$$$$ to keep me happy. Really you all know that the GT-40 is nothing but just pure passion. AHHH , life is good.

Back