RCR #010 Build Progress

Fran sent me pictures of my car ready to go. The truck had a problem today so my car will leave in the morning. In the meantime, enjoy:

Here is a view of the Gulf flares. The tires are 295's and are temporary until my rims are shipped to me
Ron_and_Bill_012.jpg

Ron_and_Bill_010.jpg

Ron_and_Bill_009.jpg

Here is another view. The car looks incredible. BTW - what you see is from the molds with the exception of the flares whch have been glassed in and primered
Ron_and_Bill_008.jpg

Ron_and_Bill_006.jpg

Ron_and_Bill_005.jpg

Bill D

Ron McCall

Supporter
Damn Bill ! Just wait until you see it in person!!!! The job Fran did on the flairs is quite impressive!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gifIt actually had me thinking ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif
Have fun trying to sleep!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill -

Looks great! I hope you keep us posted on the build process when it arrives.

Sandy

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Bill-

What will the new wheel/tire combo be? Are the offsets different to fill the wells or are the tires just that huge?

Chris

Geeez those flares dwarf the 295s! Where are you going to come up with a street tire that'll fit a 14 inch wide rim? Are you using bias ply treaded race tires?

Congrats Bill,

Very nice. Remember there is no such thing as "too wide" of a tire. The wider the better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Wow, I can't wait to see that. Should look astounding.

What size (width) are the wheels in the pictures? I assume they are 12's?

CK

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Bill,

Very nice. Remember there is no such thing as "too wide" of a tire. The wider the better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!

Hey Bill - looks sweet! Congrats and enjoy the build - Is that a ZF I see hiding back there? Make sure those wheels won't overload the wheel bearings!

Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Bill,

did it show up yet? Earlier you said you were expecting it on the 31st. Hope it made it safely.

Cheers,
Mark

Well, it finally arrived home last night after a 24 day transit oddessey. He drove up at 11:15 PM

Here are the pictures to prove it!!

Getting ready to offload the car:
DSC01190.jpg

Me standing next to my pride and joy while it's still on the trailer
DSC01191.jpg

In it's new home, all cozy and warm
misc004.jpg

misc002.jpg

We were really tired when we took these pictures. I'll take some more tomorrow and post them.

Got up early (couldn't sleep) and washed the car. Took inventory and found only a few items back ordered. Back ordered items will ship Monday or Tuesday per Fran. He even called this morning to congratulate me (great guy).

Here are the latest. Enjoy

gt40004.jpg

gt40005.jpg

gt40006.jpg

gt40008.jpg

gt40007.jpg

gt40010.jpg

gt40009.jpg

Bill D

Back