1st MDA to Canada

Guys - the only thing I can say is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Just arrived, more pics tonight, I've got enough bubble wrap to pop for next 30 years... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Chris

Attachments

• 74104-MDACANADA2.jpg
    74104-MDACANADA2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,469

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well done Chris! Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, I guess we know who won't be wasting time shoveling the driveway from now on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't wait to see more pics and to hear some details. You must be VERY happy now!

Mark

Hey Mark,

I wouldn't blame any of the guys out there that knew about this project for thinking it was never going to happen - it was a ton of work to get everything in place and sometimes I just felt like packing it up! MDA were great, no bias, Mark came through with a stunning chassis, it really does deserve to be right up there with the best. The quality is top notch, attention to detail with respect to the original car is there - I just can't say enough - thank you Mark, I am "over the moon".

Anyone who wants to drop in for a look, just give me a heads-up, and have a cold one waiting for you!

Suspension installed tomorrow, for now enjoy a few more.

Chris

Attachments

• 74132-MDACANADA4.jpg
    74132-MDACANADA4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,459

Ron Earp

Admin
Very nice Chris, I know it has been a hard road. Looks like the time-consuming paneling work is done, good for your build and it looks great!

Hey Ron - it's been tough watching everyone get on with their builds. I'm not big on the paneling thing, for the few extra $ to have it done right, powder coated etc... why not?

I hope the wait is over soon for you also-

Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoke.gif

Congrats on the RCR Bill, as you can attest to, I have been running around like a mad man the last few days trying to get all of this done, saw your posts - looks sweet.

Unloading only took 30 minutes, the last shove onto the lift gate almost rolled the car, I almost wet my pants, but it finally made it into the garage, me to the can... man, I think that's enough excitement for one day... ah who am I kidding - back in the garage!

Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ron McCall

Supporter
Very impressive! You will have a gorgeous car when you are done!
I like the white gel coat.I was dumb enough to order a medium blue color.
Now every time I come out of the garage,I look like a Smurf!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif
Congrats!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Smurf,,, Snowman,,,, Marshan,,,, they are all the same...... FUN!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bill

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Chris,

Looks great bud, I see you went with the Dunlop tires too. Good thing, they M&S rated (mud and snow) hahahaah.

Looking forward to seeing your car on the road.

Cheers

One 14ft skid-

347 cuts with a circular saw-

One GT40 finally on jack stands-

Priceless...

What a mess.

Ron, Bill, Paul, Ian - thanks, I will send more pics as I go.

Attachments

• 74284-WhataSkid.jpg
    74284-WhataSkid.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,330
Front suspension installed this afternoon. All a-arms are nickel plated, coil over's are Pro-Tech, hubs 6-pin.

What a quantum leap from my 73 Z/28 - new, clean parts, everything fits perfect, I'll never go back to rust, grease and scraped knuckels again! This is way more fun...

Rear suspension tomorrow.

Chris

Attachments

• 74348-LTFrontMDASuspension_00.jpg
    74348-LTFrontMDASuspension_00.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,386
Back