Cav#131

Cav no 131 were delivered to my house last week and I can't wait to start the building process. Here are some photos just before delivery. Will keep updating on the progress.:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• DSCF0053.JPG
    DSCF0053.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 3,117
  • DSCF0054.JPG
    DSCF0054.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 2,294
  • DSCF0051.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,291
The colour is a gunmetal Grey with a lighter grey stripe. Going to start the build this weekend and will take some photos before taking it appart.

Ron Earp

Admin
Johan,

start a build thread in the builder's forum. Might be the first CAV in the build forum since the US market has turn key minus cars only and there isn't a lot of "building" with that. I'm assuming you are getting a chassis and body with the rest to do on your own?

Ron

Ian Clark

Supporter
That looks fantastic! Wow! Same effect that seeing the our first all black car had on me. The body shape is spot on too... congrats:)

Thanks Ron
Yes I will start a new thread on the builders forum and post as much pictures as possible. I still dont know where I am going to find the time to build the car but I started the weekend taking the body off the chassis and hanging it in the garage. Just had to sit in the car with my son first and do the Brrrrrrr... noises. Also had to take the photo of the back wheel on the chair! Will keep on posting on the builders site.

Johan

Attachments

• DSC_0655a.jpg
    DSC_0655a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,798
I wanted to do the thread on the builders forum but did not always have the time to take all the photographs and post them. But,CAV no 131 is on its wheels and I am receiving the enigine next week. So far it has been one of the best experiences of my life, and fantastic service from the people at CAV!!!

Attachments

• gt40s1.jpg
    gt40s1.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 2,400
  • gt40s2.jpg
    gt40s2.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 2,386
I know you said the color is gunmetal grey but is there a color code and model/year for this particular color? I would like to paint my Lotus that color.

Looks like I got the images uploaded now. Paul I'll try and get you the paint name and the codes.

Attachments

• DSC_0864A.jpg
    DSC_0864A.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,598
  • DSC_0865A.jpg
    DSC_0865A.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,523
Hi All
The powerplant for this beast will be arriving in CApe Town early next week. 347,450Hp unit , I will post some pics when we have it in workshop and I am sure Johan will send more when it's in...
Regards
Jean

As promised, herewith a pic of the 347 powerplant...being fitted next week. I am sure Johan will post more pics when it's up and running.
Regards
Jean

Attachments

• DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,408
Back