New CAV build

Finally, after a long build CAV #72 is finished and on the road. Doing one of these things is tough in Canada because of all the red tape involved but it was worth the wait. At its very first outing, at an all Shelby meet, the little beast took 'Best In Show' to our suprise topping out a 140 car field many fine cars in the likes of Shelby Cobras, Daytona coupes, Panteras, Ford GTs and a host of Shelby Mustangs and others. GT-40s do seem to wow people, dont they ? Authentic MK-1B build......SBF, 48 IDA Webers, ZF box, BRMs/Dulop wheels etc...'Partner', Vancouver Canada

Attachments

• Hallmark Ford Show 2009 010.jpg
    Hallmark Ford Show 2009 010.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 791
  • Hallmark Ford Show 2009 020.jpg
    Hallmark Ford Show 2009 020.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 750
  • Hallmark Ford Show 2009 006.jpg
    Hallmark Ford Show 2009 006.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 829

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Partner,

Well done - that ride is a beauty.
Any shots of the interior left in the camera?

T.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Good job :thumbsup: Love those mirrors. I think I'd like a pair, any info on them would be nice.

Nice car..... i didn't know there were any this close by.... Maple Ridge isn't that far from Abbotsford *wink*

Dave : A few weeks ago when we were racing a vintage event at Mission Raceway I met Dwain Kremyr from Kremyr Chassis Works who had a booth set up with a CAV roller and a completed Daytona Coupe. If you didn't already know, he is a distributor for CAV and his shop is in Cloverdale which is very close by for you.
kremyrchassisworks.com - Home

Cheers
Dennis

partner, if i ever get back home (pitt meadows) with my CAV 102, lets go for a cruise up dewdney trunk, that would be a sight!

Congratulations and welcome to the CAV family.
Love the color and please let us have some pictures of interior and motor.

Yeh, thanks guys for all the nice comments guys. And yes this is the very first one out here although we know of a couple more in the early build stages. If anybody is serious about obtaining a very accurate replica of a GT40 in Canada I can fix you up....PM me. 'Partner'

Yeh Tim.....on those mirrors..........Ian Clark of CAV Canada first suggested them to me a few years back. They come from 'Vision Hot Rod Concepts' over in Kitchener, Ontario (Canada). They truly fit the GT-40 shape unlike many others we have seen. They are slim, but rear view vision is fine and are fully adjustable. Mine are soft mounted with a pair of 1/4" nylon bolts with a thin rubber gasket........... for reasons that may be obvious !

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 375

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
VERY NICE!!!

Do you have the color codes for the Red and Stripes?

Thanks!

* A number of you have been asking about the paint and finish..... I have actually sent it in to Tim Dutton for his colour registry and reckon will be updated soon. But for now here goes........It is all Dupont . The Red is MADRID RED-Effect, code 341D. The gold is SPORT GOLD-Effect, code 380E. It is topped off with a Dupont high quality clear, then blocked out with 2500/3000 W/D. Buffed with AUTOGLYM 03B Fine Abrasive with mainly a 12" foam pad at 1500 RPM (thats the secret !) and finished with Mothers California Gold three phase wax system (1 Cleaner, 2 Glaze and 3 Carnuba )...this gives you a finish smoother than a babys bum, try it !
.hope this helps.............'Partner'

Attachments

• Hallmark Ford Show 2009 022.jpg
    Hallmark Ford Show 2009 022.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,673

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for getting back to me/us on the paint codes!!! I see a lot of trophies in that car's future!!! :thumbsup:

Back