Kuwait Tornado

Way to go Abdul, congratulations and good look on your build. Stay away from the heat though. Hey, could I ask you what type of kit did you get? I mean, Basic Component, Rolling Chassis, Deluxe, etc. You see, the reason I ask is because I want to get my kit from TSC also and I'm sort of researching around what seems to be the best kit, you know, moneywise. I don´t have all the money in the world so I think I'll buy the basic one, but first I need to know exactly what comes with it, since the TSC web page is not very clear about it, not to me anyway.

Thanks, and again, good look on your build.

Víctor

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
116f - Wow! That's hot alright!

Congratulations on the new arrival!!!

thanks guys.

the body inside the garage now and its 23C,
Victor. i got the basic kit + most of the fragile and heavy parts, like the windshield , rear glass, exhaust suspension.

one Q before i start with the floor ,, what kind of sealant do you use, is it regular silicon sealant ?

Congrats,,,

I am right across the border,,I will come over next week!!!!!!! :):):)

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 489
Hi Abul
congratulations on your purchase and I look foward to your updates

Has the latest chassis design from Tornado got any seat cross-braces fitted? You may want to consider adding a couple if not, as its not good practice (and not acceptable for UK approval) to put th eloading into an aluminium panel

Have a look at my build to see what I added
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/24109-norfolk-tornado-2.html#post247947

The attached can be done as a bolt-in solution

Regards
Andy

Attachments

• Seat Brace.pdf
    7 KB · Views: 392
Andy
thanks,
Tornado chassis comes without seat braces.
i did follow your build since day one. actually i do have all of your build pictures in my desktop as a reference, if you don't mind?
i was planing to weld the brace ,but after seeing the bolt in method , i guess ill go for it.
but wont the bolt go lose from the vibration ?

Hi Abdul,
I have no problems with you downloading my photos, that's what this website is all about, sharing of ideas

The bolts won't come loose if you use 'nyloc' or any other self locking nut. If you're worried about the main tube crushing from the bolt load and hence working loose, , insert a tube over the bolt to prevent it crushing.

Regards
Andy

Scott
i hope that :)
the only thing that im having trouble with now is panels Number 6-1 -2 -3 -4 and 8
i just dont know how to cut them?
spatially number 8

Ron Earp

Admin
Good luck with the build! I'm happy to see the Flag process correctly identified your location and had the proper icon for your user field. While Kuwait isn't all the remote it is nice to see folks from all over the world enjoying their passion for the GT40.

Abdul
I'm not familiar with the Tornado panel numbering, as I did all mine from scratch, however the best way is to do a mock-up panel in cardboard and then transfer the data to your actual panel
Keep up the good work
Regards
Andy

Ron
thanks.
Andy
i am using cardboard , but i always get the wrong dimensions . today is my secound try , i hope its going to work.
regards

Back