Tornado Build - www.gt40builder.com

Hi all

I've just finished setting up my own blog to keep a diary of my Tornado TS40 build. The site will fully document every stage of my build. I'll also post up any build progress updates on here so people can follow my build progress.

www.gt40builder.com

Last edited:
Great site Trevor! Got it bookmarked, just the kit im looking at getting hopefully sometime in the not too distant future! A nice late xmas present that is!

Hi Trevor
neat looking website. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your updates

Regards
Andy

Last edited:
Day 4 - First tools arrive & complete tools list for my build

day4.jpg

Hi all

I've just put a list of all the tools needed in order to construct a TS40 on my blog. Very handy for people thinking of building a GT40 to see what tools and equipment are required. Big thanks to Andy from tornado for the list.

Trev

Tornado Chassis Arrives!!

Good news everyone, my chassis has arrived. I picked it up from the Tornado factory yesterday and am well chuffed with it. I've gone for a chassis with optional lowered seating areas which I am very impressed with. Not only do they seem very secure due to being welded in but they also get the power coating treatment with the rest of the chassis.

So far I've not had much time to spend on the car but I've managed to mark the front section of the floor out ready for cutting and also sealed round the underside of the lowered floor areas to avoid any water etc seeping through. I also decided to treat some small areas of the underside of the chassis with hammerite that were scuffed, scratched or slightly missed during the powder coating. I don't think this was necessary as the areas I coated will be panelled and not visible anyway but I thought that if moisture does get through then it should help prevent any possible rust and corrosion to the chassis frame.

Here's a few pictures so far:

Chassis arrives at its new home (upside down)
build-march2.jpg

Me pretending to be working hard:
build-march3.jpg

Front floor section marked out ready for cutting:
build-march1.jpg

Close up of the lowered floor areas:
build-march4.jpg

Tomorrow I turn 28, surely getting a GT40 chassis has to be the best birthday present ever :)

Trev

Last edited:
Saaaweeet!

You are a lucky man Trevor, 28 years old and a TS40 in the garage... Happy Birthday!

Cheers,
S

Thanks Scott. Yeah not old enough to remember the originals like some on here ;) but have always loved the GT40 and have really enjoyed discovering more about their history over the past few years. I thought I start building one while I've got time on my side as who knows how old I'll be by the time its finished :)

Floor panel help

Scott

Do you know if I have to panel the gap between the two lowered seating areas (shown in picture posted above)? The manual only doesn't say to and I didn't get a panel for it so I am guessing not. Normally with the standard floor the entire base of the floor is covered with the floor panel so I just wanted to check.

Trev

Hi Trevor

I would add a panel, mainly to keel the flat underfloor aerodynamics and to keep any road muck building up inthe chassis. Keep up the good work.

Regards
Andy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
:thumbsup: Happy Birthday Trev! :thumbsup:

Hi Trevor

I would add a panel, mainly to keel the flat underfloor aerodynamics and to keep any road muck building up inthe chassis. Keep up the good work.

Regards
Andy

I think I'm with Andy on this one.. Particularly about places to accumulate debris from the road..

Well there is enough aluminium left over in the cut off from the floor to make a panel so I'll give it a go.

Trev

Back