Is this a Mk3?

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi guys. My main project is the Vigi in the other thread but I did swop my KX500 for a GT40 mold and i am very keen building that as well.

I think it is a GT40 Mk3. What bothers me about the mold is the sunroof and the fact that the doors aren't cut into the roof. The rear window seems to be too big as well. The mold has no doors or bonnet but that doesn't worry me at all. Afterall I am building a complete 'from scratch supercar' (Vigilante) so manufacturing the doors and bonnet for the GT40 should not be too difficult.

Would you guys please comment on the following photos and tell me what you think. I did take measurements and the car seems to be dimensionally accurate.

Thanks!
Cheers
Jackal

Attachments

• GT40.jpg
    GT40.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 689
  • latest jackal 074.jpg
    latest jackal 074.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 495
  • latest jackal 089.jpg
    latest jackal 089.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 458
  • latest jackal 095.jpg
    latest jackal 095.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 413
  • latest jackal 100.jpg
    latest jackal 100.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 404
  • latest jackal 101.jpg
    latest jackal 101.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 402
  • latest jackal 103.jpg
    latest jackal 103.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 359
  • latest jackal 108.jpg
    latest jackal 108.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 385

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe the Kellison to which he refers is a kit that fits on a VW Aircooled Beetle floorpan.

There were a number of these manufacturered in South Africa - probably not under that name in the 1970's and 1980's

It is a way to start getting a car that has some similar looks as a GT40 but not really a close "replica" of the original

Ian

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
I believe the Kellison to which he refers is a kit that fits on a VW Aircooled Beetle floorpan.

There were a number of these manufacturered in South Africa - probably not under that name in the 1970's and 1980's

It is a way to start getting a car that has some similar looks as a GT40 but not really a close "replica" of the original

Ian

oops...that kinda sux. Anyway I guess I will have to make do with what I have! Won't put a VW motor in it!

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Here in the US, that kit was made by FiberFab and is called an Avenger or Valkyrie. See this website: FIBERFAB.US - Manufacturers of UNIQUE KITCARS, VALKYRIE V8 Series by FIBERFAB.US

Wow thanks Mark, you are spot on. Looks like I will be building a Valkyrie. At least no Beetle motor! :) I actually do like it. (Not the Beetle motor, the car I mean!) Guess I'll be making lemonade...

P>S Quite ironic How my own build is called a Vigilante...... and there I go and get car called "Avenger" unknownly as well.... mmmm... :)

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Just an interesting question. I see alot of people looking for chassis. On that link you posted Mark I see their chassis goes for like $2750 and it looks the part as well. Why would that not work for GT40?

Cool! All you need is a 66-69 Corvair windshield, and a 65-66 Mustang back glass with all the moulding and vaaa-waaa-laaaaaah: you gota GT "O" (as in zero). I have seen finished models but most (99%) are done to less than normal standards. There was one finished by a guy who ran a "Honest Charlie" parts store in Renton, Washington that was powered by a small block Chev, finshed to show quality! He glassed the rear clam back into one piece and hinged it at the rear. It was bright yellow with the "Honest Charlie" logo down the sides..........

Back