GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

GT40 Build Logs For build threads and build diaries only.

Old 10th December 2017, 05:52 PM   #61
Walt Williams
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: CAV GT40
Re: KVA Project

Simply beautiful
Walt Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 03:45 PM   #62
TonyBrowne
Rookie
United Kingdom

GT40: KVA

Hi All

With the winter refit now compete following the GT40 being sprayed, looking forward to taxing the car from April (Had planned to tax from March – but was not quite ready) and getting some miles under the belt to shake down any issues prior to Classic LM in July.

The refit has gone smoothly, with the exception of the 34 year old windscreen cracking from top to bottom as I was getting it out of storage (Was possible weak anyway – so better than having it break once bonded into the car) – so another screen was quickly purchased and fitted.

The corbeau seats that came with the car when purchased. Which although never used were looking tired after 30 years of sitting about, so I stripped the seats of their material and foam and modified the high sides of the seat frames to make them less of a bucket seat and lowered the seat fixing base so that seats sit as low as possible and bolt in from underneath. I then entrusted the seat frames to a local trimmer with pictures of the 60’s material style I was looking for – after 6 weeks wait the results are amazing – so much more than I could have imagined and also nice and comfy with new foam. I made up a centre console in cardboard initially (CAD = Cardboard aided design) and then made up in box section and aluminium and trimmed to match the seats and is topped off with a shift gate that I made from 6mm aluminium plate.

When fitting the vitaloni sebring chrome mirrors I made some mounting brackets to fit to the contour of the front arches and raise the mirror height to give better rear visibility.

Other jobs have included:
  • Swap the hex wheel nuts for 3 eared spinners
  • Fit Zero 360 extinguisher system
  • Fabricate small luggage/tool box to fit at front of car
  • Fit the 2 rear vent grills (Had then sprayed to match body colour)
  • Fit sound deadening and carpet
  • Raised the front suspension by 1 inch to 4 inch ground clearance in readiness for Norfolk country lanes and speed bumps – Left the rear at 5 inches
Roll on April 1st to get the 40 out, just need to get rid of this awful UK weather.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails
KVA Project-006-jpg   KVA Project-007-jpg   KVA Project-008-jpg   KVA Project-009-jpg   KVA Project-010-jpg  

KVA Project-011-jpg   KVA Project-012-jpg   KVA Project-013-jpg   KVA Project-014-jpg   KVA Project-015-jpg  

KVA Project-016-jpg   KVA Project-017-jpg  

Last edited by TonyBrowne; 18th March 2018 at 07:11 PM.
TonyBrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 07:49 AM   #63
Richard_Knight
Rookie
United Kingdom

GT40: KVA - MK3

Looks fantastic - Well Done!
Richard_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote