Rf2 #67

Hey Guys

Well after finishing RF1 #12 i have decided to go again and buy a body chassis kit from Roaring Forties and build this car from the start. I was lucky with RF12 as Troy had done 60% of the work at least ,which made for an easy finish. RF12 is going to move more toward a race car and RF2 #67 will be a road car. Might even fit A/C this time.

I see there are many differences in the RF2 car and Im looking forward to drilling all those rivets holes. I love the look of the new front uprights and it will be great to drive both RF1 and RF2 versions.

I have ordered the car in red gelcoat and it will be painted in the scuderia filipinetti livery.

Should see a car end of August early september. Woohoo

Last edited:
RF12 looks amazing, and would love to set it up in my garage once again, but I think I used up all my 'I need a new toy' credits with the missus!

Can't wait to see the new #67, I know that Paul and the guys at RF put a lot of work in redesigning the front end.

Wow dave, in again so soon.
Congrats on finishing #12, I better pull my finger out or you'll finished the second one before me :shocked:

Clayon

I'm a car building addict.....lol. Love bolting stuff together. Heading out for run tomorrow in #12 if it doesn't rain.

Great news on another RF coming to life, it will be good to see a build log on the car. Just don't go too fast, I get a little ashamed of my own build duration!

Great news on another RF coming to life, it will be good to see a build log on the car. Just don't go too fast, I get a little ashamed of my own build duration!

your ashamed I won the trophy.

Good luck Dave ,going from almost scratch is a big undertaking.
But very satisfying.

Jim

Thanks Jim
I had a good run in #12 today. Im starting to collect parts for #67.

I really would like to do a tribute to the Salt Walther 1067 car. 15 inch wheels yellow / black, MK1 front clip and MK2 rear clip. I'm torn between the red Scuderia car and the yellow car. oh well plenty of time to think about it.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 517
Re: Rf2 #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferraro

your ashamed I won the trophy.

Good luck Dave ,going from almost scratch is a big undertaking.
But very satisfying.

Jim
Not quite Jim, I'm still building mine, RF1 #66....

Dave
A mate up here painted his RF in the Scuderia colours, Ford vixen red. Turned out really nice.

Clayton

Attachments

• Udo 29.11.08 013.jpg
    Udo 29.11.08 013.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 504
Clayton i have seen that car before......yes a very very nice job. Have you got more pics of that car? Please email them to me.

Hey Mate

Yes the car has arrived safely, usual RF quality. Seats are the best I have ever seen. Dash is fantastic quality, a couple of bits missing but thats to be expected on a large order. Paul has them on the way. More to come.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 499
Hi John

I have a lot of ideas for this car, the seats have adjustable lumbar? support via a pump, i think you can see the hand pump in front of the seat in the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 482
Hi Everyone,

I've bought this off Dave, and I intend to complete the build here in NSW. I've got a fairly handy ICV engineer on hand who's registered a few Roaring Forties cars for other people (i.e. me!) so I'm really looking forwards to building this one.

Currently I'm slightly over-excited about trying to sort my final planned specification for this one, but needless to say no matter what I do to the car it has to be ADR compliant as I would have no excuse as a vehicle certifier!

Cheers,

Treeve

Great Treeve, glad you took it off his hands. He's already got one!
Looking forward to seeing it come to life.

Well done Dave and Treeve, I'm sure everyone at RF2 is realy happy to see another one on the way to completion.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the details and components that RF 2 have been working on.

Regards Ryan

Back