Cali GT40 RCR MKI GT-Forte Build

Hello everyone !! so here we go, on your mark, get set, Go !! let the building began :thumbsup: !! for some of you that dont know us I,m Louis and my son Ryan we live In Los Angeles California, we love cars even builded a few but this particular car build has a very special meaning it's my son's dream car, it was almost one year ago November of 2013 when we received devastating news my son Ryan at the age of 17 was Diagnosed with osteosarcoma a very rare type of bone cancer, he underwent major leg surgery to remove the tumor from his leg and twenty one rounds of chemotherapy just finishing the last round only two weeks ago , he is doing really good now :thumbsup: and we are very happy.
I Started looking at base Kits or Unfinished GT40 projects but everything I looked at was out of my reach until I came across one of Fran's RCR mkI body that was left from the film Fast and Furious the movie at Universal Studios the problem was there was no chassis, even it has no chassis we are so happy to have seach as nice body it is very solid, looks great and is build right, been a BMW master technician I can really appreciate the workmanship put into this body, we also have one seat a dash and a windshield.
Finding a chassis here in the U.S was impossible so we started looking at other options untill we came across Darren George in the UK, GT-Forte engineering, Darren with many years experience in the high technology world of Formula One car racing has developed a laser tube flat pack kit with multiple options to choose from so we order ours with a cage also order the chassis panel set, the sill top panels, and the small block Ford to Audi transmission adapter plate, he even cut the floor panel into three sections so it can be shipped, today he was getting all my parts ready for shipping, we are very much looking forward for our parts to arrive and are very thankful to Darren for all the attention and participation on our build.
Also we picked up Corvette C-5 front and rear suspenssion at a local wrecking yard.
Here is some images of our MKI, I will post the chassis, and panels as soon as I get them and will continue to update images along the build.

Attachments

• photo_5.JPG
    photo_5.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 423
  • photo_4.JPG
    photo_4.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 396
  • photo_3.JPG
    photo_3.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 372
  • photo_2.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 369
  • photo_1.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 406
Louis and Ryan that will be a great project to lift your spirits after the last year - best wishes.

That's a great color to start with, looking forward to progress photos!

Good luck with the build and keep positive

Keith

Now that's what I call a true hybrid! Good luck with your build and your son's continued rehabilitation. It's a wonderful project for him to grow with...

Since the F & F car was mentioned and shown I noted it's going up for auction in California next month if not mistaken. Looks very nicely sorted too. Mecum's I believe. Just an FYI.

Back