Bob's GT Forte scratch build.

Well the sun is out and I have finally made a start! The pile of metal I picked up yesterday is cutting nicely.
Thanks to everyone on this forum for providing the inspiration and no doubt the much needed advice and criticism in the future. Welding tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,200
you guys who build a car from scratch are nuts too me. I could never do it, it would look like a pile of c__p and would be unsafe even if it could start. my hat goes off too you. now hurry up lets see the body on the frame next week. good luck.

NickD

Supporter
Welcome to the Party Pal.

We have a GT-Forte email group you might be interested in joining. Any issues you come across, were bound to have dealt with similar in the past.

Nick D.

Hi Paul.
Well I've built a lot of cars but never a forty.
Your car looks amazing.

Nick.
Thanks mate, need all the help I can get. Wiil pm you.

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
We do?!? :laugh: :stunned:

Welcome Bob, and good luck with your build. There is some great talent here and don't be afraid to ask twice cut once...

Regards,
Renato

Welcome Bob, as Nick says join the email group, it has helped me no end, and still does. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question!

You are brave, i don't think i have the b***s to start from scratch.

Good luck and keep the progress updates coming.

Andrew

PS i had to modify the position of the power steering motor mount on my pre built chassis, don't be in a hurry to weld that bit up till you check it aligns with dash, mine was about 25mm out and hence steering column was too long. :stunned: Once moved all fell in to place.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The ultimate in self satisfaction although I've been in Cambridge all week and have not seen any sun :)

Hi Bob! Welcome aboard. You've probably seen my thread - I'm building from the self build kit and 80% done with the chassis. As I'm one of the later people to build a chassis please feel free to shout if you have any questions. With the self build kit I found there's a few bits of info that you really have to search for to find. Let me know if you don't understand anything, need a missing measurement etc.

Some progress has been made on the chassis. Havn't done this for ages. Really great to be building again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 1,291

NickD

Supporter
That brings back memories but I must admit, it was one of the real pleasure bits as it changes so quickly ;-)

NickD

Supporter
Welcome Bob, as Nick says join the email group, it has helped me no end, and still does. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question!

You are brave, i don't think i have the b***s to start from scratch.

Good luck and keep the progress updates coming.

Andrew

PS i had to modify the position of the power steering motor mount on my pre built chassis, don't be in a hurry to weld that bit up till you check it aligns with dash, mine was about 25mm out and hence steering column was too long. :stunned: Once moved all fell in to place.

Andrew, can you clarify what you moved and why ?

That brings back memories but I must admit, it was one of the real pleasure bits as it changes so quickly ;-)

You're right Nick. Really annoyed to have broken that blade. Fortunately I have got a lot of bits already cut so not holding me up yet. Got an email back from Darren re the parts I have ordered. Apparently he has had pneumonia. Posting bits on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Well I think it's starting to look more like a chassis.
Needs to be a bit wider. So does the garage!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,327
Back