Mark's Tornado GT40 Build

Hi All

I was lucky enough to collect my 40 chassis yesterday, so I thought that it would be a good idea to try and keep a record of the build, and also share my experience with the forum.

Here are just a couple of pictures of the chassis entering its new home and also the first panel being offered up.

[IMG[/IMG]

[IMG[/IMG]

John

It is the trolley that tornado do. It is well worth it as you can move the chassis around instead of being in a static position.

Mark

Some more panels de-burred and placed in position. I have decided to do this with every panel before fixing any in place.

00E15DDC-2745-48EE-B697-81EC6C9AD720_zpsn8orpgaq.jpg

8BA7AC34-94A1-4769-BD1D-BAA83FF90185_zpsgfsjfqgi.jpg

305235AA-8BBB-48BF-9FDE-EF1866F1512E_zps4yljjyhq.jpg

Hi All

Just a little update.

Most of the panelling has now been pre-fitted and the front wheel panels have been sealed in place.

Have not been able to do much more as I have had to have a back operation so that has put me out of action for some time.

Has anyone used Summit racing for engines?

Mark

Hi Mark hope you get back into it soon .. I have used Summit for many things but not an engine . are there not engine suppliers in the UK .. Tornado do engines also Real Steel do engines . I built mine to real steels 330 BHP spec .. Good luck m8 ...

John..

Hi John

Thank you.

I was just looking at the possible saving getting the engine from the States, even with duty etc may save enough to pay for the gearbox. I will look into it deeper as you can imagine I have a little time on my hands at the moment!!

Mark

I've bought loads from the states and as a rule of thumb you end up paying pounds for the dollar price and some. Just consider that when you are ruling out UK suppliers.

Back