GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

GT40 Build Logs For build threads and build diaries only.

Old 31st December 2017, 08:29 AM   #21
Udo
Fivepointseven
Rookie
Germany

GT40: KVA/SGT
KVA / SGT build

Welding of the gearbox mounts done, bracket for bowden wire installed (1st pic.). After rear clip re-assembly a fowling of clip and air filters, mounted on the left valve cover, became obvious - I will try to exchange covers against standard ones, since a oil catch tank is available in the workshop anyway . Nevertheless, the eightstack is looking nicely trough the rear clip, as desired!

Next was the installation of the fuel pressure regulator, pic. 3. The return line to the fuel catch tank across the engine bay will be hose number 4, almost no space left any more, but also no plans to add another one ...

The water pump pulley is located partly in the vehicle interior, so a dent is required in the rear bulkhead. Last two pictures show fitting work, and the final cover before welding. I saw similar staff in Spa over the last years, so quite satisfied with the design

More to follow, and a happy new year to all readers,

Udo
Attached Thumbnails
KVA / SGT build-img_6685-jpg   KVA / SGT build-img_0227-jpg   KVA / SGT build-img_0228-jpg   KVA / SGT build-img_0229-jpg   KVA / SGT build-img_0230-jpg  

Old 31st December 2017, 10:01 AM   #22
ssm
A Tenth
United Kingdom

GT40: SGT001.
Re: KVA / SGT build

Hi Udo make sure it clears the belts.
Regards mick.
Old 31st December 2017, 11:02 AM   #23
Nick Davies
2 Tenths
United Kingdom

GT40: GT-Forte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepointseven View Post
Welding of the gearbox mounts done, bracket for bowden wire installed (1st pic.). After rear clip re-assembly a fowling of clip and air filters, mounted on the left valve cover, became obvious - I will try to exchange covers against standard ones, since a oil catch tank is available in the workshop anyway . Nevertheless, the eightstack is looking nicely trough the rear clip, as desired!

Next was the installation of the fuel pressure regulator, pic. 3. The return line to the fuel catch tank across the engine bay will be hose number 4, almost no space left any more, but also no plans to add another one ...

The water pump pulley is located partly in the vehicle interior, so a dent is required in the rear bulkhead. Last two pictures show fitting work, and the final cover before welding. I saw similar staff in Spa over the last years, so quite satisfied with the design

More to follow, and a happy new year to all readers,

Udo
Hi Udo,

Really appreciate the info you sent. Just wondering if your gearbox gear selector shaft replacement was done using a knock in pin or did the original in your box have the friction welded option. If the latter, how did you go about separating it from your shaft. ?

Iím doing the same on an 01x. Very pleased with the GT Racing parts I received. Just a question of getting the selector component off that original hardened shaft.

Iíve access to a large lathe so I know I can bore out the 5mm of the old shaft that is now surplus to requirements if I have to.

Best.

Nick D.
Nick Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 01:22 PM   #24
Udo
Fivepointseven
Rookie
Germany

Hi Nick,

luckily my shifter has the knock in pin option, so I got around to remove the friction weld. It sounds like some heavy machine work. And I didn't found the original selector shaft as spare parts either so far. Good luck,

Udo
Old 14th January 2018, 09:11 AM   #25
Udo
Fivepointseven
Rookie
Germany

KVA / SGT build

Wheels came yesterday, got assembled and "short term stored" (optimistic approach) close to the car. Gearbox brackets are back from paint and got boltet to frame and 01E.

Unluckily, I forgot to install the hose from fuel pressure regulator to catch tank before the engine was mounted, so I needed to work under the car for installation (for some reason, I only can upload one single picture, but try to manage with another post later, so my four hose arrangement will become public). Catch tank shows really maximum number of fuel lines now ...

Finally, I attached the alternator to the engine, no collision here. I now can work on the water pipes, as soon as rotateable water inlet gets delivered - the current one almost fouls with the frame

More to follow,

Udo
Attached Thumbnails
KVA / SGT build-img_5740598-jpg  
Old 14th January 2018, 09:13 AM   #26
Udo
Fivepointseven
Rookie
Germany

KVA / SGT build

More pictures.