GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

GT40 Build Logs For build threads and build diaries only.

Old 7th July 2018, 03:52 PM   #161
Lukespoprtsman
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: CF GT-R
Re: H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.

CF with Orange wheels (fiance not thrilled with orange and its not my only orange wheeled car).

build thread at some point to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lukespoprtsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2018, 04:55 AM   #162
A Tenth
United States

GT40: None

Rufus you were at RCR Allan and myself are still in the waiting mode for our GTR’s Fran mentioned to Allan with the movie cars in the mix everything with customers cars got delayed I have had my car on order since March and Allan way before me
lkishel@wmjdonovan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 08:12 PM   #163
manta22
Rookie
United States

Andy;

Nice work on your build. One suggestion: consider using Gates "Power Band" hose clamps instead of conventional worm-drive clamps. These are heat-shrink bands that are very strong and provide a uniform grip around the hose. Also, they do not damage the rubber of softer hoses such as silicone.

Of course you will need to have one removable clamp now and then so the hard line can be disassembled but I'd recommend using a T-bolt clamp for that.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
Attached Thumbnails
H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.-coolant-line-assembly-1-jpg   H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.-coolant-lines-2-jpg   H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.-hose-clamp-jpg  
manta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 10:52 AM   #164
Pantera1889
Bronze Supporter
United States

GT40: RCR MK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta22 View Post
Andy;

Nice work on your build. One suggestion: consider using Gates "Power Band" hose clamps instead of conventional worm-drive clamps. These are heat-shrink bands that are very strong and provide a uniform grip around the hose. Also, they do not damage the rubber of softer hoses such as silicone.

Of course you will need to have one removable clamp now and then so the hard line can be disassembled but I'd recommend using a T-bolt clamp for that.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
Neil,

The system that you refer to works very well but I'm just wondering if you realize that H has built cars which have logged thousands and thousands of grueling miles under actual race conditions (including finishing the 24 hrs of LeMans!!!!)?? I think he might know what works and what doesn't .

Ron
RCR GT40 MK1#14 (SOLD)
Superlite GT-R #14
DeTomaso Pantera#1889
Pantera1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 12:49 PM   #165
manta22
Rookie
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera1889 View Post
Neil,

The system that you refer to works very well but I'm just wondering if you realize that H has built cars which have logged thousands and thousands of grueling miles under actual race conditions (including finishing the 24 hrs of LeMans!!!!)?? I think he might know what works and what doesn't .

Ron

I was not questioning anyone's resume, just making a suggestion. New, useful stuff comes along now and then and not everyone may be aware of them.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
manta22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bend, bulkhead, engine, intake, throttle