Bundle of Snakes - New Source!

G

We have a new source of headers for our cars. Most of you have probably read the thread where giacomo6 has been talking about taking over header production for Kustom. He has also offered to make other parts for GT40s as well. Here are a couple of pictures of his craftsmanship and I think you will agree that they look pretty darn nice.

I will let him provide all the specifics on contacts, prices etc. But I did want to get some pictures in front of you guys.

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

Ron Earp

Admin
That is a good thing, and they look nice!

But I still wonder where that leaves some of us that have been abandoned by George and Kustom Metal Werks.

R

Thats Great to have a new source Lynn. I am also wondering where that leaves us Ron. Do we really know how many orderd George has backlogged. I have been waiting since last September and have only received the heat shield to date. Perhaps we should find out how many builders are waiting for George to deliver, when their order was placed. After finding out this information perhaps we can collectively do something about this situation. We are stronger as a group and if we do take any action (legal or otherwise) we may be more effective as a group. Cheaper at least. Let me know what you think.

Mike C

Mike C
Sounds like you have joined in after alot of previous talk about Kustom. Can I suggest you search the forum for 'Kustom' or 'George' to find the history. He has been threatened before and it seemed to work - up to a point.
Lee

Has giamoco6 advised anyone of what his business practices will be? For instance, will he take credit cards, but not charge until shipment? What will his pipes be made of, stainless, mild steel etc, what about fitment to the various chassis and heads available?
thx
Brian

Hey Lynn,

Are these photos of your engine? If so,

you must be getting close to being on the

road.

The pipes look pretty good from here!

Any price figure?

Bill

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
It might be worth a look at www.gt40australia.com - Peter Ransom was able to supply headers & collectors in about 2 weeks - perhap I am a bit biased, but I think that they are a really neat setup. They are in mild steel & fitted beautifully -all I now need to do is to weld the tabs to fix the pipes to the collectors, fit the O2 nipples for the FI, weld on the flanges to mate with the CATS/Mufflers, & then have the lot ceramic/aly coated.

Its been a while since I tried to post a pic, so here we go (please excuse all the rusty bits & background mess - all will be remedied sooner or later !).

Peter D.

fda3b784.jpg
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice exhaust and nice car for sure!

Looking at the photo of the rear bulkhead does that car have a metal bar (roll bar if you will, but not really) over the top of the window? I've not seen a setup like that on a GT40 and am wondering how it is formatted. It looks like the bar goes below the window and there isn't one above, but it is hard to tell.

How do you like her on the road?

Ron

G

Peter, I am not to sure about Peter Ransom. I bought a set of uprights from Dennis, but I emailed Peter over a week ago about the window inserts, exterior door handles and vent grills. To date, I have not heard a word from him. Maybe they are at Le Mans or something, but I was hoping to have had a response by now?

Bill, no this isn't my engine, but mine is equally complete. (see photo below) I had typed half a page of rant, but suffice it to say I am still waiting on a bunch of stuff and can't seem to get anything. It is very frustrating!!!! In this economy, you would think businessmen would be glad to sell something, but I can't give my money away.

RearHeaders.jpg

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

Hello, all. The photos of the engine and exhaust depict my car. Please email any questions regarding fit, features, materials, cost, etc. and I will provide all answers. In the mean time, I am not able to process credit cards, however, I will not accept payment until I can ship parts. There will never be more than 5-7 days between my receipt of your payment and your receipt of my exhaust. Hope this info helps, and THANK YOU, LYN for getting the photos of the exhaust up on the forum!

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ron, you are right about the lack of a "roll-bar". Apparently, this is an option which must be fitted in the factory. I bought the car from a guy who had installed the suspension & engine, but then ran out of time - so I didn't get a chance to tick that option box. However, I will get an after-market expert to make one up & fit it somehow.

Lynn, I am guessing that Peter Ransom is at LeMans - I have never had any problems with getting hold of him or getting parts. I usually just ring him, quote the Visa card, & get the parts in 1-2 weeks.

Peter D.
smile.gif

Back