Custom GT Spoiler Kit

Hello All. I've been wanting to add to the plexiglass head and running light covers I produce. I'm offering a spoiler kit customizable for any GT40. See the prototype and pricing here.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Nice... Is it cockpit adjustable?
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hi Mark:
A clarification; most of us intend to RACE our cars. We need spoilers, sure, but they need to be functional, basic items that emphasize function over looks. The picture you posted seems to me to emphasize cosmetic appearance over actual function.
I think if you can come up with a design that is more basic, less appearance-oriented, you'll probably have a winner. Any thoughts out there?
grin.gif

Jim,
I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of the downforce we could generate - if my wife were to sit on it.

Only a low speed solution, I guess.

Charles
grin.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Are you going to offer a choice of finishes and/or woods? Here in the mid-Atlantic, we tend to favor materials like mahogany and teak which are resistant to wood rot and salt water. Plus, some of us have boats and we like the idea that the trim on the GT40 would harmonize visually with the boat. Of course, if your GT40 were green, you could use pressure treated lumber. No spoiler rot, in addition to the aerodynamic effects.

At today's lumber prices, I may have to use particle board. But...I'm working on a speed-sensitive switch (actually a mouse in a wheel) that will vary the pitch of the spoiler!
tongue.gif

G

I think the ideal solution would be to use redwood. It is resistant to rot and is light and strong. Since it is obvious that none of us has any concern for the environment - using large, old technology, V-8 engines - the fact that redwood is somewhat scarce should not be an issue.

[ March 10, 2003: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

Back