Hitech Welding GT40 for sale - UK

My car is now officially for sale!
I have had the car on the road since 1999 although it was originally registered in 1988. It has been to Stoneleigh every year from then on, and has been used on a number of track days from 2000 onwards. Prior to 2003 it has been to Castle Combe about 4 times and Silverstone twice. Small photos of it have appeared in Fast Ford and a track day supplement to Kit Car, and in the flyers for Trax 2002 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. This year it has been to Castle Combe and Donington. It is a car which was built primarily for the track, being fully rose jointed except for the lower arm inboard joints which are poly bushes. All the suspension arms are stainless steel. It is currently powered by a standard Chevy 350 with twin choke Rochester carburretor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and large bore full crossover system, connected to a Renault 25 V6 gearbox. It has Granada/ Scorpio vented front discs all round with Princess 4 piston calipers all round with a dash adjustable balance bar. I am running with Ferodo DS3000 pads on the front and Mintex M1144 on the rear - the brakes work very well without fading, even with heavy use round Donington. It does not need servos.
The car is used quite happily on the road, driving to and from every event - last week I drove from Preston to Northampton in it one evening, and I drove it to Goodwood and back for last years GTD track day, although I tend to wear earplugs for journeys that long. It has now at last got side windows, and will shortly be fitted with a glass rear screen. It might be a bit quieter now it has side windows. Carpets would probably also help quieten it. I have had it fitted with an FIA spec rear roll hoop with diagonals and rear braces.
With its striking yellow paintwork it looks and sounds superb and I have twin and single nostrils both with the car, and I have a set of twin stripes and sill stripes to complete the look.
This is an ideal car to gradually make into a more refined road car, or for getting straight out onto the track with a car which has proven to be reliable. It has never let me down on a track day since the gearbox packed up on the way to its first track outing back in 1999, and the only other time it has let me down was when the throttle cable snapped. This has since been replaced with a very high quality Toyota item. My next development was to make the front castor adjustable (with shims) and would then move on to fitting a front antiroll bar/ stiffen the front springs.
The car is offered for sale at £22,000 ono. and the reason is that it is to be replaced by a new 40.
The car can be viewed by seriously interested parties in Silverstone, and I may drive it to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 12th.
Please contact me in the first instance by email at [email protected] (remove the no.spam. in the address) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Lee

Picture of the car

Attachments

• 19634-gtsingle 1.jpg
    19634-gtsingle 1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,338
Re: Hitech Welding GT40 for sale - UK - price reduced

The glass rear screen has now been fitted, and new carpets have also now been fitted.
This is a great drivers car, which only last Saturday I drove to Goodwood and back for the festival of speed (round trip of about 300 miles).
Price now reduced to £19500. A bargain.
Contact me via email, private message or 07986 506771

Anyone know how shipping to the U.S would work in this sort of thing? What are the regulations and such? Will the car be titled as a period car?

I know of some Shelby Cobra replica folks who have their cars titled as 60s cars. I'm more worried about emissions and regulations than anything.

Cheers

You would need to have the engine/gearbox removed before shipment.
Then U.S. Customs/DOT comes into play. Do a search
on shipping and customs, and your questions should be answered.

The Goodwood Track day event has to be the highlight of the year for me in the UK.
I'm just sad I'm not taking part in the track day itself, having taken the decision to sell the car.
If I don't sell the car over the weekend I will be driving down to Goodwood on Monday morning, and obviously the car can be viewed throughout the day.
I'm looking forward to taking part in the parade. Hopefully there will be a huge turnout of 40s.
Anyone else travelling past Northampton or down the M40/ A34? 3 or 4 40's in convoy always turns heads!!!
See you there
Lee

I was at Castle Combe on Saturday 30th August with the car. Did a couple of track sessions with the new springs, and now has adjustable castor. Again drove the car to and from the circuit. Anyone here see me? Hopefully will get some pictures from the day before long.

Got to be the best value registered, working, reliable road and track 40 in the UK this year, looking for an understanding and enthusiastic new owner. This car loves being driven.

Garage space needed for next 40 project.

Aiming to be at Donington for Kit Car show on Sunday 14th September, if anyone wants to take a look. Let me know in advance.

Lee

Car still for sale. I've advertised it in various places, and the first question I get asked on most enquiries is 'has it got air conditioning' (No it hasn't I'm afraid).
I must find out how much it would cost to fit.
Anyway just to let you know the car went to the Performance and Kit car day at Donington, where the CAV was on display. Also saw 3 other 40 s there. 2 for sale, both at £35,000 or more (both with air con). Surely it isn't going to cost £15000 to fit air con.
Shame I couldn't get to the GTD AGM - prior engagements. I would love to have seen that original chassis Chris found.
Lee

Hi
I saw your 40 at the donnington show,although it sounds machinicaly sound i think that the bodywork and the general fit of all the panels is very poor,please dont be offended by what i say,but if the price was dropped a bit more you might sell the car.=bodywork costs+respray?

vettebob
I'm afraid I'm still not interested in motorcycles.

leethac
Thank you for your observations as you see it. However, please bear in mind the advantages of this car. It has been proved to be able to withstand all day round Donington or Castle Combe. It has brakes and suspension which stand up to the job. It has a proper rear roll hoop for added security. The engine and box is mounted lower in the chassis than any 'standard' Reanult installation. There are no nasty surprises for you to suddenly discover if you start driving the car with any 'gusto'. At the end of the day, this is not an air conditioned posing car, it is an affordable recreation of a racing car from the 60s which has been built and developed for use on the track, whilst also being road legal. I set the price very competetively accordingly, in full knowledge of the bodywork fit. As far as I am aware, the price is already less than any other advertised, completed GT40 in the UK all year. If you are interested, as mentioned in the thread, please send me a private message, email or phone me and we can discuss and negotiate as is usual in these situations.

Javier
Not sure what you are asking or saying. Have you contacted me before? Are you interested in the car? If you are interested, as mentioned in the thread, please send me a private message, email or phone me and we can discuss and negotiate as is usual in these situations.

There are more photos at
Pistonheads advert

Thanks
Lee

Back