PKH 160F sold

Very mixed feelings, and more than a little sad, to see my beloved GTD go to her new home in Manchester a few weeks ago. Especially as selling here never even entered my head until after this years GTD club track day on 18th August.

It was never actually advertised - just word of mouth. I had 6 enquiries in total, 2 of which were after the car was sold. Just goes to show a market exists.

PKH 160F, shown below, was built by me from 1996 to 1998 and is an unusual "Ford imperial blue" with twin white stripes - the only one this colour in the UK I think....at least the only one that colour at Goodwood this year (and the only car I think to fail the noise test - thanks to Roy Smart for donation of new packing!)

I wanted to acknowledge on this forum all the fantastic help I've had from the GTD40 car club, including a great magazine and first rate technical support. Also to Mark at MDA for help during the build. A very special thanks to Frank Catt at Wealden Engineering for loads of help over the last 5 years - couldnt have done it without you Frank.

Hopefully I will be back in the fold before too long. Meantime I will watch from the sidelines with interest!

Regards,
Tom Gollan.

Attachments

• 23405-DSC00765.JPG
    23405-DSC00765.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 387
Doh! - I just added her to the website register !!

If the new owner would like to get in touch - i'll amend the details on the site.

Congratulations and commiserations Tom - I'm sure you are missing her already but at least you can always 'borrow' Lesley's lovely Porsche.

As you say - it shows there is a healthy market for 40s - especially well presented examples and I suspect another 40 might take PKH's place at a future date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Link to 40 Register

I'm very sorry you have lost your car as well, as You, Leslie and the girls have become close personal friends to Barbara and me simply by the introduction of the 40, but it is not the last I will see of the car, the new owner has already been in touch to get the upgrades you never got round to carried out, and at least Manchester is a lot closer than central Scotland ! We also very much hope that when you have made your fortune that you will be back with another GT40 and visiting Sussex again. As a tailpiece I do think you should post that famous picture of youself, head in hands,when you got back home minus the rear deck ! Frank

Back